1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Time for 3000km update after putting Shell Helix HX-7 10W40 in my 1.2 mill. The oil has turned darker already, dark golden brown: in the sense when I replaced the earlier Selenia K at 10k kms, it was lighter. But, car is extremely smooth, and I get very good mileages consistently. Just look at the pics....no one believes it is a 1.2 in a city! :p

IMG_20160414_172732821.jpg

IMG_20160414_172750332.jpg
  2. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjn likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Balu Chandra S
    Could you please confirm how is the performance of your car with shell because car service is due in another 3k and this time I want to move from Selenia.
    I tried to get delvac 1 but it is not available in Bangalore.
    If any body bought delvac please let me know the shop in Bangalore or online place to buy.
  7. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Go for selina thats the best. I have been using it for yrs now and my odo is 1.74 lacs. Had recently faced oil pressure issue after using shell helix 5w40. After selina the problem is gone.

Its not very expensive either and its always to good to go for fiat recommended oil for longer engine life.

U can purchase all the genuine spares and parts from 99rpm.com

You don't need a flush. Instead keep cycle of 10k kms for oil replacement. I have been doing this from 1 lac odo. Apart from engine related work you don't need to be dependent on fass.

or
    vista7155 likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The problem in your case is kind of mystery between Oil and Oil filter, that doesn't means that Shell Helix gives issues,there are many users using shell helix, im using shell helix since long with TOTAL as well that too 10W40. People here have used different grade too : 10W40, 15W40, 0W40.

On a formal note:- Use FIAT recommended oil.
    sk.kashyap.92 likes this.
  9. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What u r saying could be right. Few yrs back wen odo was around 90's my brother got the car serviced locally and oil he used was 10W40. On the same evening i started getting oil warning in engine and check engine comment. I got back to selina and fass filter and problem disappeared.

May be at that point of time also the filter could have been culprit.

My experience says better stick to manufacturer recommended oil. Why take risk with engine.

Also i have one doubt regards to Clutch work. I have got my cluth replaced 2k kms back and my pedal is not as soft as it was at the time of replacement of clutch. I called up fass and he has advised me to replace brake fluid and if problem persists to show him the car.

My clutch had been lasting for 50k kms but last clutch plate worned out at 20k kms. The reason for replacement was hard pedal any advice on above?

I can share the pic of replaced clutch if required.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better if you check the clutch once again with FASS. i too had similar problem after replacing my stock clutch at 1Lakh 47k Kms.The second clutch lasted only for 30K Kms, bad quality.Similar symptons were observed of clutch getting hard immediately after engine is warmed up and after few hours of running.One fine day before start of my highway trip i was unable to move the gear stick at all when engine is running.
    sk.kashyap.92 likes this.