1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks @kunwar.g & @asimpleson .
    I am trying to get CJ or CI API rating Diesel Engine oil for 5W40. None to find yet.
    Do we have anyone who has used CJ or CI ratings? Would that be better than CF ratings we are getting now a days and used by FASS as well including Selenia.
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Further to this seems like Delvac 1 5W40 meets CI-4 specifications.
    Selenia/Motul/Castrol Edge/Helix 5W40 meets CF only as yet.

Also, the latest Oils which claim to be low on sulphur for DPF cars. Is this good for Fiat MJDs or not?
    Seems like Sulphur/Zinc are the natural lubricants for engines and due to emission norms these are lowered.

Any inputs. I am pestering with questions only to try out a better oil than Delvac 1.
    As recently I heard lot of reviews on valve tappet sounds due to mix of Group 3 & additives.
    However, if the engine oil is of PAO probably makes more sense along with Ester technology.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Friends, Just want to get inputs on Motul Xcess 8100.
    I have ordered online from Amazon of 5L can.

It mentions that it can be used for Diesel Engines with turbocharger. Also meets the Fiat N2 specs.
    Please advice.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @whitepunto76
    Its the "best" termed oil by some fellow users

BTW after 2k kms m gonna use this one:happy:
    IMG_20160307_142230.jpg
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @vtlreja2 - Thanks for confirmation.

Petronas looks to be good option.

Also, wanted to check if I can mix Semi-Synthetic 5w40 with Fully Synthetic 5w40.
    I have Shell Helix. Wanted to know if I can mix with Delvac 1 or Motul Xcess.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its better to flush the sump before moving onto fully synth.
    Have been using motul 5100/7100 for bikes since a long time and its been a very good experience with those. So 8100 also must be pretty good. Will wait for your reviews !!
  7. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think its advisable to use semi n fully synthetic oil. Still u can ask experts for confirmation.
    Iirc, flush is required if u moving from fs oil to ss oil. Not mandatory for ss to fs.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Is it advisable to use Engine Flush for new oil change? I had Bardalh Flush used something like 30000kms back.
  9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @whitepunto76 Congo on your purchase , I am very much exicted to know how it performs becuase even I wanted to change it to motul . Pictures are expected.I am using motul on bike and its a drastic change , so please update asap.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Just go for the oil provided my Fiat and adhere to 1 year or 10000 kms schedule... its more than enough.
    vIjAy_kHaSa likes this.