1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have used Nulon on my petrol Indica and the results were good. Do share where you source it from, as I couldn't find the one for diesel engines when last was looking at alternate ways and still keeping warranty by using Selenia.
    Ganges likes this.
  2. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Ordered 3L HX-7 from Amazon today. 1185/-. My Punto 1.2 needs 2.7 liters, so will still have a bit left. In any case I maintain the level a couple of mm below max dipstick mark. For the last 3 years it has been running on Selenia K. The service is due in Feb but I plan to do the shift to HX7 before winter sets in, in NCR. So the car gets new oil in the colder climate. I still have 50 month extended warranty till April 16 ;) so some buffer as well.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Nulon is available on snapdeal. It is the same for petrol and diesel

Abdul
    Pradeepms, Ganges and kunwar.g like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    30ml for 700inr, its too much costly.

@jumu
    So we need to add the nulon with fresh engine oil only ? and next addition after 15000 Kms as per product description(the coating lasts long for 15000 kms).
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @jumu, pls give more info about nulon, like usage, quantity, whether its a diesel additive or engine oil additive
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    order placed for nulon combo. Engine flush and Engine treatment.
  7. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @jumu

I was silently reading previous 2 pages of your conversation with the members and was really impressed that you took the pain to inquire about the product T nano energiser.
    Few fact I would like to bring to your notice before members jump to the conclusion to add the additives in order to boost performance.

Since we are not using plain mineral oil and the oil we are using already has these kind of additives.
    The nano technology is yet to prove its mark and is still not stable with many metals including ceramic when blended with metals.There is a german lab in Pune which is involved in the development of the resins and all other are just blenders.They are still not sure about the product and keep researching on clients. I had some experience with Silica nano particles the trials were excellent but not promising when in routine production.Though from some other field. The development is still on.

I read that they are using Platinum nano particle base to bond ceramic.Excellent tech but be very sure to ask him to give you a trial on a plain Metal aluminium plate or show you the trial sample they might have. You can do that because of their chennai base. You can easily check the performance by rolling water resistance. Usually a good manufacturer uses ceramic liners if he needs to increase engine performance.

About Nulon: I have never used or seen the product but the basic raw material they specified is PTFE which basically a polymer with peak operating temp range might not exceed 250. You can check the polymer manufacturer DUPONT site and check thermal and mechanical properties .I don't think they have a chance to with stand that much of temp inside the chamber. on Cams I can't comment.

Last but not the least the layer be it any will always have a layer thickness may be 0.2 to 1 micron. What will happen when this will get removed during operation.There will always be a a gap of more than the additive layer thickness and this phenomena will be cumulative over the mileage there by making the customer forcibly use the product over the time.
    This whole idea just defeats the purpose of Honing operation done by the manufacturer.

Another verified fact (please don't ask for the source of inf) The petrol or diesel sold as High speed or high performance is just a eyewash. The tanker is filled from the same refinery silos and 0.5 ltr additive is added to whole tanker in order to give it the premium feel.
    Just maintain shorter service interval and nothing is going to go bad to the engine compartment.

@Ganges
    Why are you so concerned about engine flushing.Who told you that you need one. You are driving your vehicle at reasonable mileage a year and servicing it at shorter interval and using most probably Semi synthetic oil which has both Zinc and sulphur to flush out the contaminants.Then no need to do any thing to your vehicle.
    Just give it a solid 4000 rpm rush maybe 4 to 5 times in idle (in hot) after 5K km and your car throat will clean up itself
    No need to get bullied by this additive company.

Rest Its all your decisions
    mohdshea, asimpleson, jumu and 2 others like this.
  8. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderfully explained, I also think if one gets a service at regular interwals then he/she doesn't requier any additions, at most one can switch to fully synthetic oil (if you use your car for racing, drag or something which maks it take atoll on the engine).
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @KKAUL
    No specific reason to choose engine flush, you made a valid point.
    i thought that Engine flush have different properties than Engine oil.i'm not going to use it immediately ,need to wait for another 6K Kms once ODO clocks at 1,70,000 Kms.Hope i will find sky difference after engine treatment :) using nulon e25.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges
    Engine Flush is added just before you are about to drain the oil during service. It is added and car is made to idle for few minutes and then the oil is drained thats the idea.
    If you are not experiencing any problem then refrain from adding that Nulon. Because that film will in any case form a chemical bond with aluminium due to its higher affinity to Al.The film will be prone to wear with long run in any case and when it detaches it will remove a chunk of your Cylinder wall( may be particle size equal or less than 1 micron). Usually it is fillers such as oxides with HDPE to get PTFE properties. The manufacturer will never reveal the detrimental effects but when questioned hard will have only 1 answer that "refrain it from using it when you do not have the confidence" I have many encounters like these.
    Better to stay healthy by living a healthy regime rather than other people giving medicines and experimenting on you.
    vtlreja2, Ganges and jumu like this.