1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. mallireddy

mallireddy Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am thinking to change my oil from castrol magnatec to motul 5w 40. please advice me.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is a good trustworthy brand. I too am using it on Linea MJD. Will definitely recommend the same.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Last service of our punto was on 2014 nov from KVR Fiat. They didnt mention 10k interval oil change. I am seeing stickers like this for the first time!!. normally they do adjust in MID the correct Service due. Last time also they set service interval as 15k.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kirenh if you have petrol could be better to buy the Helix Ultra. Make sure your crank oil seal holds up to the change. I had a bad experience as soon as the oil was changed.

If diesel please buy a semi-sythetic oil and change at 7.5k max intervals.

Helix Ultra cost around 3.4k for a 4 ltr Can. a year and half back. So 99rpm price makes sense. However, on Amazon Shell seems to be directly selling in the link you provided. You will therefore not find competitive pricing which dealers and wholesalers offer. Besides this seems to be a latest packaging.
    mchanna likes this.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Aseem,
    Mine is a Punto 90HP 1.19L kms driven car. I am already on Selenia & replacing it @ every 7.5K. As feel slight knocking in the engine I thought this might help the engine to become smoother. I will also be out of warantee shortly.

Kiran
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please try Shell Rimula (recently mentioned by a TFIan in some post earlier in this thread.) or you better try the much appreciated Mobil Delvac 1. I am using Motul 4100 and it is not bad.
    kirenh likes this.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Aseem. Do we need to flush the engine when the brand/type of oil is changed? if yes How?.

Regards
    Kiran
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Generally suggest cleaning the oil sump instead of flush products and changing/flushing with a mineral oil itself which can be changed as low as 2k kms running distance. But of-course if you don't want to experiment and risk it, not flushing engine at all should be fine either way. Try and get Shell Rimula it will do all the flushing needed in couple of changes.
    kirenh likes this.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Ganges & @asimpleson - Finally switched to Mobil Delvac-1 last Tuesday.
    Engine feels much more refined, and butter smooth, may be a bit psychological but definitely it is much better than Selenia.
    Ganges likes this.