1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its better to stick to fiat provided oil. i very well know how these TASS scoundrels deny warranty if anything fails. sometimes there is no relation with the part broken and their reason.

My indicas front wheel ball joint failed and tyre came out and by gods grace there was no accident. they denied warranty saying i dint change oil as per schedule. I argued asking the connection between oil change and this fatigue part failure. no one replied.
    i also argued that i change oil before schedule and i showed them cans of mobil oil in the indica lying around.

still they dint agree to warranty. i spoke to lot of senior managers etc but all in vain.

so best way is go to TASS change oil, make sure they make a job card and enter in CRM.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Oh Man must be a frustrating experience .

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

My car is nearing it's standard 2 year warranty and getting into extended warranty,I feel like going to Mobil 1 , does it have any implications on Extended warranty?
    Is Selnia used for MJD a semi synthetic? I did not get much information in web any pointers?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Selenia that we get in India is semi synthetic.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes. but its a very good oil to be used till 7500kms.

petronas is a very good brand. i have been using their fully synthetic range in my other cars with full satisfaction.

Mobil1 is just a bit overpriced, but again one of the best ones there
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Hey amit,

I did the same for perfect 2years.I purposely stuck with selenia for 2yrs so that TASS cudn't deny me warranty on my vehicle.Now dat im running on extended warranty i got my oil changed outside and bought the filter from TASS for 350/-.TASS just need a reason to deny warranty, why didnt u try some other TASS??
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Absolutely.

Aaron, what about (god forbid) future warranty claims? TASS might say since the oil changes were not performed at a TASS so extended warranty may not apply.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I used to own a Accent before a linea and all aftersales had refused to put in Mobil 1 even when the car was out of warranty.
    Finally i managed to find a hyundai owned service station,who had no problem with me using mobil 1.
    I will check with my local after sales in Ambala.
    Also this is news to me that Selenia is Semi synthetic and not fully.
    So probably i will now stick to 7.5K oil change interval.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Are Oil filters available in open market?
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got Mobil1 5w40 topped up on my MJD during the 45k kms service recently.. Pretty good so far.. I paid around 4.8k I guess for the oil...

The only diff I felt so far is the engine noise which is reduced dats all.. Drive is as similar as the Selina oil

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Akshay Oil Filters are available in open market freely at all Garages (Same as Swift), Fuel Filter (Manza QJD) and Air Filter (TATA QJD) can be sourced from TATA Genuine Spare Part Dealers.
    Selenia is pretty good oil, there was one Punto in ASS on 26 Jan which had completed over 1lac 80k kms on Selenia with 15k intervals which had come to get timing chain replaced as recommended by Fiat for some batches of car.
    More importantly there was nill blow by on that Punto which some Swift starts to suffer from around 1.2 lac kms.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012