1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    5W 40 is FS and FIAT recommends the same.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ganges Selenia WR 5w40 is semi-synthetic. Please go through the thread just in case. FS grade oils are above 3.8k or more on an average.

- - - Merged Post - - -

GirishRaghu, what you need is a bill on each service mentioning Selenia WR 5W40 oil costing some Rs. 2.2k approx. for 3.2 ltrs. It is essential for company and extended warranty both. It is requisite to use company recommended stuff for full warranty. After warranty you could perhaps think of going for shell, mobil or continue with selenia as per your wish.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you are right.

i thought that 5W 40 was always FS, as the brand i used Shell Helix Ultra/Delvac 1.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually, it is not fair of Fiat to not have mentioned clearly the oil grade. Instead they use term like hydro-cracked bla bla on Selenia website too.. which is simply put mineral oil based with lots of additives if one cares to carefully decipher it. :)

On one of the posts on this thread the difference is clearly mentioned, I think Selenia K energy(!?) is FS.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lal Ghoda dey rey hyaala(Give him Red Horse) .
    if we speak such hifi words about oil.

Does our car really needs FS ?
    To know the difference of the NVH after change of the oil is very hard to predict.if i change from Shell HX7 to Shell Helix Ultra , cant find any difference in NVH.
    Dont know, how it will be if it was upgrade from LaL Ghoda to Shell Helix Ultra :) .
    i'm happy with Shell 10W-40 HX7,cheap as well,now i'm due to change the Oil, tomorrow will buy another HX7 CAN of 3.5ltrs.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shell Helix Diesel is also manufactured by shell, any idea where one can find those. Had used on my 1lac kms driven Siena D and the difference was amazing.

I would prefer the one marked with Diesel for better engine protection.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have seen this HX7 diesel last time with my local dealer, is it with synthetic technology ? if yes, let me try then.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure if it is semi-synth. The grade 10W40 is min. what I would try. 15w I would not know if we are risking it in long term.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Due to the lack of service centers around, I got the fourth servicing done at a local garage. I used Petronas Syntium 5w40 fully synthetic engine oil. From whatever little I could drive after the service, it seemed decent.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Shell Helix Diesel is no more available, this is what i came to know from my local dealer. Changed to HX7 today. 1350 rupees 3.5 Ltr Can.

uploadfromtaptalk1404544664804.jpg
    1 person likes this.