1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. But one of my friend who own 90HP punto had problems bcoz of using Mobil 1 delvac. so that he can't able to claim EW and finally paid the full service amount.
    Though many seniors of TFIans use this oil but my friend advised not to use delvac and better opt for costrol EDGE bcoz certain brand who borrow this Engine recommend castrol 5W-40 .

According to his surf,
    Mobil 1 delvac fail to handle high temperature of the engine during long continuous and tough journey . I agree with him bcoz he faced problems in reality .
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Warranty problems due to engine oil I have not heard of. You say Mobil 1 delvac has caused temperature problems, I doubt the reasoning though! However may the experts and regular Delvac1 users comment further on this.

I am using Shell Helix Ultra 5w40, and I dont think that any of these premium motor oils could cause any problems. If there is a change in the grade and brand of oils it leading to trouble is by a long shot, so far as change intervals are handled as per the used oil type or oil grade.

TFIans who have used Mobil 1 Delvac ESP can comment on this statement that this particular oil caused heating issues.:confused: I think that he may have had faults in the cooling system in the first place.
  3. ji. I think so u have not come across this. First ,at FASS SA used to hit on us that u haven't used recommended engine oil mentioned by FIAT when we claim any engine related problems. The common statement given by them.

when i said to one SA at FASS that, i planned to change my engine oil to castrol he advised not to use other brand untill warranty and EW period gets over bcoz as known to all EW is given by third party.

I think seniors of TFIans very well know about this and they recommended not to change the oil until the EW period get over to avoid issues.

And coming to mobil delvac , its a personal experience of a person and may vary accordingly. And i accept faults may be due to other cause than engine oil.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually, I used this oil because while changing the engine oil in service centre they brought the oil in a castrol can, being suspicious about the grade of the oil they used I changed to Castrol EDGE and used it till the next service. As I am in still in warranty I am using the selenia from service centre. After that I will change to edge/mobil.
  5. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks a lot. Decided to go for Mobil 1 0W-40

Also changing engine oil filter and petrol filter. Are these suitable for the Jet?

Mobil 1&#8482 Products

Sofima Petrol fuel filter for Fiat Linea 1.4 Petrol, TJet and Grande Punto 1.2 or 1.4 Fire Petrol

Fiat Linea T-Jet: Oil Filter

I am getting these changed at just over 1 year, although Jet has run less than 10k. No Fiat Service in town as of now. So getting it done from my trusty tech who has worked on my Baleno and Wagon R for years now.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is totally wrong. There must be come other issue which caused heating. Oil has the least part in overheating. Mostly is the cooling circuit.

Regarding Mobil 1 Delvac - Its the best diesel engine oil that you can get in the world. American truckers use this for lacs of kms (via reconditoner circuit)
    Check the oil specifications and the technical chart. The ratings, approvals and the flash point boiling points etc are atleast 10 times better than the oil we use.
    1 person likes this.
  7. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Not getting Mobil 1 0W-40 in town. Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W40 available for Rs 1000/liter ; is the price okay?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've used delvac 1 for nearly 25k kms now including the scorching heat of Rajasthan at temps of 44c. I've had no issues.

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

25K? without a change in between?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    No i meant I've used delvac from the past 25k.
    I it's been changed twice already

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.