1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    same thing happened with me when i asked them to change oil in my linea. the worker went and got some oil. i asked them what oil is it. they said castrol. i went running to the parts dept and asked them why are they putting castrol.
    then he said the workers dont know but when they get job card to us we tap the oil from selenia drums and give them. we make sure for fiat diesel they give right oil.

and they showed me the barrels too.

i was relieved a bit still now this thread is bringing doubts in my mind. but i think its was selenia as i compared the color of oil in the drum and what the worker had got.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Italia-Linea
    Always insist on getting oil from bottles of Selenia and check the seal of the bottle too and get them filled in your presence only.
    Even if the bill mentions Selenia WR you can't be sure ASS put that into engine. ASS can put any normal castrol mineral oil and bill the customer for Selenia WR, there is no way to check what they filled in engine.

While this does sounds absurd but it does happens in India. A other leading brand ASS billed me for oil change which was not done at all. How do I got to know this. I had transparent ELF engine oil in my car while the oil which that ASS uses is Pinkish in color but even after claimed oil change of ASS the color of oil on dipstick was transparent. After this incidence I have made it mandatory for any fluid change to be done in front of my eyes.

And always provide ASS with distilled water, no matter how good the ASS is they use normal tap water only for mixing with coolant.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes we should supervise on dealer which type of oil they are using.
    Oil available at Petrol pump of HP,BP,IOC has very crap quality. I had used MAK GOLD 20W50 once in my Pulsar 220 FI.
    MAK GOLD of BP can't extract engine heat & can't lubricate well. Higher NVH levels are there . & most important oil of Petroleum companies is not sturdy. It burns in combustion chambers.
    I was getting smell of oil burning when I used MAK 4T in my 220 FI.
    So I replaced to Veedol 4T 20W50. All problem solved. Some maruti dealers are using oil made by IOC. I think that oil also burns in combustion chamber. Because oil level is going down in my DDiS. First I was not sure because there was little leakege from intercooler pipe. The leakege has been solved. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes they do all the work in front of me. they changed the oil too in front of me. it was only when the worker went to store to get oil and he got it in a measuring flask.
    i asked them to give a 4 litre can, but they said now only barrels are coming from italy. i saw the barrels. they were sealed and stamped the import bills etc.
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can Anyone Recommend the grade of oil & best brand for the linea 1.3 multijet. (Fully Synthetic)
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @mahesh

Castrol Edge 5w40 MRP 3200-3600/-

Mobil1 3000Super 5w40 MRP 3100-3400/-

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 MRP 3500-3800/-
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Aaron has listed a lot already. The correct grade is 5W40. The Shell one would be Shell Helix Diesel Ultra.

Motul 8100 X-cess (800/- per litre, available in 1L packing) & Mobil Delvac 1 etc are others.

Do you intend to get an oil change with these oils done at an outside garage or TASS?

Cheers.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    All other oils except Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 have same API CF rating so I don't think there is any benefit of using them.
    Delvac 1 5W-40 is the oil if you want something better for your car with API CI+ 4 rating
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Is it ok,if i were to use Fully Synthetic Oil like Mobil 1 for a 1.3MJD engine.
    Is there any diesel equivalent of Mobil 1?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Mobil Delvac 1 is the diesel fully synth top of the line diesel engine oil from Mobil.

What is more important is whether your TASS will agree to use this oil or not. The local TASS here in Chandigarh has flatly refused to do so. And so has Mangesh Kodalkar. :evil: