1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    asimpleson, I would suggest nothing but simple mineral 15W40 for the old girl. Get Rimula R3X 15W40 and change every 5k km's or less if you spend a lot of time stuck in B2B traffic. Also, avoid any flushing etc. Just stick to regular oil changes and get the oil from a genuine distributor.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    1 person likes this.
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well, we all are here to share whatever piece of information we can and at our best just for the sake of our hard earned beauty :up
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    gurjinder, what is the price difference between say 5L Rimula VS 5L MD1 ?

(I think i paid 3.9-4.2k for 5L MD1) . Dont know about Rimula
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Rimula R3X is mineral 15W40, hence cheaper. I bought a 7.5L bucket for something like 1800 or so. Not used in the Linea but both Palio D and the Bullet love it :)
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have it on good authority that the Selenia oil used in FASS is a repacked Semi Synthetic version. I have even seen and inspected the same right at their SC stores. At this point they are repacked at Navi Mumbai, Turbhe. I think, the same material goes all over India as well.

The Selenia FS, similar and better than some very trusted brands here is not being used even if available by some import route. But atleast as far as free services are concerned, they are not using fully synthetic oils and most Fiatians are not aware and don't bother or simply don't have the time to be choosy for their own good.

If you simply see the low charges for oil changes on invoices attached on this forum, you can verify what I have mentioned here.

I could not source the Delvac 1 ESP as some of our forum members swear by. Bought Shell Helix FS and got it changed in my own presence.

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:
    API CJ-4/CI-4 PLUS/CI-4/CH-4/SM/SL
    ACEA E7, E9
    Caterpillar ECF-3, ECF-2
    Cummins CES 20081
    Twin Disc S364A

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 has the following builder approvals:
    Detroit Diesel Power Guard Oil Specification 93K218, 93K214
    Deutz DQC III-10 LA
    Mack EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N Premium Plus 03
    MAN M 3277
    MB-Approval 228.31, 235.27
    MTU Category 2.1
    Volvo VDS-4, VDS-3

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring:
    API CG-4
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For our benefit...interesting wiki page on 3000 mile myth..

>>In case of diesel engines and manufacturer recommended long-life oil, the indicated change interval can be as long as 19,000 miles (31,000 km) (BMW) or 30,000 miles (48,000 km) (VW).<<

Highly recommended the whole text for enlightenment :-D.
    3,000 mile myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Oh if it's on Wikipedia, must be true :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Good ol' Cali. Worst fuel and most stringent laws relating to emissions and use of chemicals. Nothing surprising :)

Are you suggesting that engines such as Palio 1.9 / Siena 1.7 etc should also follow a 15,000 +km drain interval.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013