1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ganges.

What is the difference between MOBIL 1 & MOBIL DELVAC 1. Are they same?

2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No i guess,i believe MOBIL 1 these days coming with Suzuki / Maruthi Stickers on the can.if its MOBIL DELVAC1 the can will be in black color with truck symbol on it.
    On any day MOBIL DELVAC 1 should be your choice.
    More details are here
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Mobil 1 is a gasoline engine oil but can be used for Diesel engines.Delvac 1 is Diesel engine specific oil.Mobil super is fully synthetic oil recommended by maruti for Ddis engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    Shifted to gulf formula GX

It was 30k on my odo and it was time for an oil change .. As I was following the thread I was desperately looking for the delvac for last three days almost everywhere in kolkata .. 2nd choice was shell helix ultra .. no luck in any case ..

the only synthetic oil I found up to the mark (going by its specs) was GULF formula GX 5w40 . price about 4500 for 4 liter pack.kinda pricey 1100+/Ltr :eek:
    but having no other option ,shifted to it.. along with new sofima filter (from 99rpm)

• Initial feel

1. ‚Äčway smoother engine
    2. drastic reduction of nvh.
    3. engine seems to be less heating now (not sure)
    (My last oil change was on 23k , it was selenia from the fass)

have not heard of Gulf till now in this forum .you guys can give it a try.

if any one has a quarry about why the box is so big ?

It's an introductory offer .. they are giving a free hard shell vip trolley bag(this ones MRP is also 4500) free with the oil. :drinks
  5. Please post It's API and Aces rating, may be a close picture without flash will do.
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    my Punto is currently running on Mobil Delvac 5W-40. Now after recent price reduction in Selenia, does it make sense to switch back to selenia and change the oil+Filter at 7K-7.5K interval?
    In all we will spend close to 3K in both the scenarios.

- I had bought 4Ltrs of Delvac 1 for 3K, which I will stretch for max to max 12K Kms.
    - Now 3.2Ltrs of Selenia costs approx 1300. So, in the interval of 15K I can change the oil + Oil filter twice. Though in the second scenario we will spend little bit extra but I am fine with it. Somehow, I think this second combination will be really good for engine.

Gurus, can you help in this matter??:confused:
  7. I have seen cars that have done 20k kms on delvac with just filter change and topup.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

You can't go wrong with either of the two scenarios :

- Delvac 1 for 15K
    - Selenia every 7.5K

If you are on the highway often, Delvac 1 and 15K interval makes more sense. If most of your driving is in city, short oil changes (7.5K) with Selenia make more sense. We often say XYZ oil will do 15k or 10k but ignore the circumstances in which the car is used. For example : how much time did the car spend idling/crawling in B2B traffic - can't ignore aspects like this.

If the car is used entirely on highway, I wouldn't hesitate using even Selenia for 15k.

So, based on your running, take a call.

4 people like this.
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Thanks Gurjinder!!

For me it's mixed usage. approximately in 60-40%(Highway-city respectively) ratio. home-office trips in Pune and couple of weekend drives to Mumbai on Expressway.

Though i have always loved Devlac 5W-40 both in Punto as well as in 1.9D. This time if I switch back to Selenia, I am not sure if I will be able to notice any difference in the performance. Some how i felt that both the engines were most silent on Shell 5W-40. Once i had even used Petronas syntium 3000 in my 1.9D and she was most silent on this Oil and even change in the performance was noticeable(+ve side).

Where as didn't feel much of a difference between selenia-delvac in first 7-8K kms. After this range Delvac was still the best but couldn't say that for selenia. I may be wrong here but this is what i have observed over the years.

@ sat,
    I have seen my friends 1.9D stretched to 17-18K on Selenia almost couple of times, but he used it mostly for highway driving. That machine is still crunching miles like crazy.:evilsmile
  10. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3

here you go... DSC_0954.jpg
    1 person likes this.