1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Cleaning agent? Thats absolute bull shit man. Escalate the issue ASAP.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    It would be interesting to compare these two bills:
    The one above and mine that was done one day before.

The rates are matching, but I am confused about the "cleaning agent" :confused:
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

"Sometimes service centres when preparing final invoice use different field entries when they cant remember the job code or are not familiar. their software is a bit complicated.
    So they use job descriptions/items closer/similar to the actual job. this generally happens when Tata/Fiat include a new item that is introduced very recently.
    While the price field is flexible; the job particulars field is strictly sensitive to the code. without this code the job description will not come up on the list."

BUT this is not acceptable as the selenia is an old product. either the person who created your invoice was not familiar with selenia's code (a new employee) or they did not fill selenia.

Take no chances.
    I strongly suggest you go back to the workshop and talk reasonably with the manager. Inform him of the service centres mistake And advice him that you did not pay for "cleaning agent D" but selenia. and there is no proof that they did fill selenia or something else. And you want the whole oil drained, engine cleaned and re-filled with selenia from a sealed container in front of YOU. He might take that a bit offensively (depends)

But later on if you face a engine issue caused by this oil, and the damage can be claimed within warranty, other service centres will deny your claim and inform you of your warranty void as you did not fill selenia which will be evident from the damage. even if THIS service centre guarantees you that it will not happen.
    As the oil change is already in the database.

Also send a email to the service centre officials and a cc to fiat india (or the other way around). Fiat should also know of this mistake by this SC (and they should know FIAT now knows). Its a bit tedious but its the only way to show that the customer is aware and cannot be manipulated.

BTW which is this service centre??

keep us updated.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    does anybody know how selenia oil comes packed? is it like motul, etc which comes in 4L plastic cans or taken from drums only ? can anybody post any pic if you ve taken at any time at the service station.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @varunrtr

Buddy, Selenia used to come in 1L can like 2wheeler engine oil packs.But now there are 4L packs coming.You can buy 1L pack directly from spares section but i think it would be old stock.Better go for the 4L pack to be on the safer side.Selenia drums are very hard to find.Don't trust the oil that are in the drums.It can be a drum with Selenia sticker on it :D
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Guys im planning to quit using Selenia.Going for Castrol Edge 5w40.Im getting a good deal on a 4L pack Rs 3484/- i.e Rs 871 p/L. My 3rd service is due after a month or so.My warranty would be over with the 3rd service too.So im planning to use Castrol Edge.I wanted to know whether i can carry the oil to TASS and tell them to pour this.Will they been-bajaao the warranty thing again?? since there would no warranty be left :D Still im worried that my 3484 shudnt be a complete waste :(
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Can you share your thoughts why you plan to forsake Selenia and go for Castrol Edge.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @redbull

Sure why not buddy.First of all Selenia is a Semi Synthetic engine oil.Castrol Edge is fully synthetic.In my car ive noticed selenia gets a lil ruff after 4000kms and engine bcums noisy.Being a petrol car i want my car to be silent and smooth :p Castrol Edge has got good reviews.Hence the change.
  10. zeeshan

zeeshan

PORT BLAIR
    Which is the best gear oil to be used for disel punto