1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Id say drive my car or any one running on delvac then you will know

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

There is inexpensive, there is expensive and then there is VFM. VFM is not always the least expensive. Both Hush Puppies and Bata are sold in the same showroom, you see. :D

I hope you don't go around recommending JK tyres, because FIAT provides them OE on some variants.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Where do you source delvac in Bangalore ? Tried in jc road but no luck . .

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I don't think there is a day and night savings when using Selenia as opposed to say Delvac 1.

Selenia is 600+Rs/Litre and Delvac 1 is say 800 per litre ( Members have purchased it for 700/Litre as well).

So for a price difference of 200Rs/litre you get an oil which is fully synthetic as opposed to the semi synthetic Selenia. Delvac 1 is a proven oil which is easily considered the best today for all modern diesel engines. Infact it surpasses the FIAT specified recommendations by a MILE! For best protection, I wouldn't trust Selenia over Delvac 1.

Since Selenia is only available @ FASS, so you must go to FASS to change the oil. I am sure I can get a good deal on labour at my local mechanic compared to FASS, so the price difference narrows down even more.

When you factor in all the above aspects combined with an oil which is easily one of the best oil out there (D1) , you realise that the Selenia is infact more expensive than it should be. Definitely not VFM.

I have no problems with Selenia if it was being sold @ say 400/Litre including taxes. Then, the price difference might have made a case. Also, our engines hold only 3.2 litres. So a price difference does not sting as much as it would have if our engine's oil capacity was say 10 litres.

But ofcourse, like the Brits say - Ye pays yer money.

4 people like this.
  5. khoj

khoj Amatore

As I said it is your money and your choice, btw Selenia is available in the open market with Petronas dealers.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

its simple, Selenia WR is semi synthetic, Delvac 1 is FS,and offers superior protection for engine.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Kindly try with JK AUTOMOBILES. Even if they do not have stock, they would source it in a week's time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Its just not SS and FS battle,
    Delvac 1 is just not a FS oil, But its designed exclusively for Diesel Engines and having API CI-4 + rating. compared to others FS which is just API CF rated. I feel this is one important rating which itself gets my vote for Delvac 1.

Tried here too. he didnt have it. and quoted an insane price of 878 per one liter bottle. So let it go, and went with Shell rimula 4 rated CI-4, Will try to get it from here, during the next oil change.
  9. Delvac 1 you can get it from 99 rpm
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah,its there.
    Will give a try for Castrol or Petronas.