1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems like i will be the first reviewer. ::v
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Doesn't the oil have a name? You have mentioned just the brand of oil and the grade. :)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you're spending that much, why not opt for Delvac 1? Wurth seems to be a rebranded oil.

Cheers.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will gather more info from the dealer,if possible will take a snap,he said me that it is also imported and 5W 40.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder
    Delvac1 is not available at my place,rather 5W 40 Mobil Super formula is available.Petronas is also available.rebranded means ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rebranded means the oil stock is purchased from someone else and then you put your name on it. I guess that is the case with Wurth oil.

Do you have Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel there? A friend used Petronas full synth 5W40 in his Linea diesel once and it was okay.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In Bangalore, Petronas Syntium 3000 SAE 5W-40 is available for 2900 (approx) for a 4.0L can. Its available in JK Automobiles in JC Road. An FYI for people looking at different options.
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    I for one fail to understand the fascination of fellow members to switch engine /other oils from the in house brand (Selenia) to Castrol, Delvac, Wurth, Mobil, Shell etc.

Selenia is manufactured by Petronas, in their State of art facility in Malaysia. this is a World class product and available at a better price point due to the lower freight costs, preferential import duty under the Asean product umbrella scheme and also due to the lower production cost, Petronas being a completely integrated manufacturer (crude to refining to marketing).

I feel this oil brand is suffering the same fate as Fiat. Excellent products at the right price point but with poor perception in the minds of the consumer.

Do yourselves a favour, stick with Selenia thus giving your engine the best protection that it can get and save a pretty packet in the process but then at the end of the day it is your money, your choice.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

^Sir, not sure about the petrols but for the MJDs, the Mobil Delvac 1 definitely is better than the Selenia WR 5W40.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Apart from cost, the Delvac 1 is definitely better in terms of diesel engine one can get with the recommended grade. I have witnessed an i20 with mineral oil as well as Delvac. There is a world of difference with Delvac. The engine just feels the same (very similar to after the oil change) even after clocking 10000 kms.

I will switch to Mobil 1 once the warranty expires.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    2 people like this.