1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

i quoted the figure without the engine oil cost,if you include the engine oil cost along with filter 2.5K+ seems apt.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    No replies for my Query :(

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    PS Oil and Brake Oil changes are totally upto you. I have not changed them nor do I intend to. Stopped TASS from changing them too. Probably killed my Extended Warranty :)

Gear Oil - any good 90 weight. Shell Spirax should be okay. Try finding Motul gear oil.

No idea about the coolant but a complete flush of the old one and using any good brand should be ok.
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    My car is fast approaching 10K mark. Couple of questions.

1. Should I change the oil now or wait for 2nd service @15K
    2. When Can I switch to other synthetic? Will it be that beneficial?
    3. Which changing the oil, is it like a top up or flush completely?
    4. FASS or outside?

I heard it should be around 3L engine oil, but can anyone confirm about recent pricing of Selenia?

Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    in bold

outside would mean your warranty claims (should there be one) can be contested, mostly it will be.
    So the choice is yours, if you want to hold on to that infamous warranty then dont do anything and just stick to the schedule . If you wish to toy around with it and take your chances then please do get the oil changed to something synthetic ASAP
    1 person likes this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks,
    I will probably stick to regular service routine, Can I bring Delvac1 to FASS and ask them to fill it up.. :? I thought Selenia was fully synthetic but in this thread, different answers are there. :confused
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There's no need to change oil before 15k interval or change oil to different brand. I have followed 15k interval for except 2 oil changes which I did at 7.5 k interval and have done 97k kms in total (and from that 80k kms have been on Selenia WR), last week had my engine head opened up and it was free from sludge and didn't show any excessive wear and tear. Frankly speaking I too had doubts about such long intervals but after seeing the internals I am fully satisfied. I had abused the engine so much revving it to redline at every possible chance if after such abuse the oil can last 15k kms if driven sanely you should have no doubts about longeveity of oil.

It provides no benefit and harms only your pocket and enviornment changing oil too early. Fiat knows whats best for their engines.
    Stick with Selenia till warranty expires and then shift to delvac 1.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    To be frank, redlining clear most of the dirt from the engine :)
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But then redlining a diesel is not really recommended,high speed runs till 4-4.5K RPM 500 short of red line are fine,and good for engine's health.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MJD Champs,
    Planning for Wurth 5W 40,any reviews ?4L Can for 2900 INR.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta