1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TASS will not allow you to bring the oil and they wont agree for the oil change with delvac1,they will use either selenia or castrol.
    if you argue with them ,they will come up with warranty issues and all.
    if your pocket permits,change with delvac 1 after your second service so that there will be no warranty issues or wait till 60K Kms, after that you are free.

Yes.
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if your too worried about warranty then dont change
    if your too worried that something will happen to components in the future (that might be totally unrelated to oil change) and yet your denied of warranty then dont change.
    if you are like me and say "forget the service" i will get it done elsewhere and also know many places from where i can get FIAT genuine parts then please go ahead and "Change"

To be very honest this whole thing of warranty has been really blown out of proportion in india. If i buy another car i will not even bother about Extended warranty anymore.
    Its better to pay some 20-30k and get parts replaced than to sit and wait for the procedure to be in place and get the dealers approval and then the insurance approval and go ahead.
    Its just too time consuming on a personal note.

To everyone so concerned about warranty i can only ask you one question. In this very forum there are many guys with Extended warranty and are moving here and there to get things done. Just imagine there plight.
    EW is only a feel good factor until one has to use it and once the time comes its more or less dead.

Having said that even I have EW and my car is on it now but from the time my car was on normal warranty to EW i've really not found any difference.
    Problems with parts were always repaired with some trick or the other and the dealers were just too unhappy to even call on EW or normal warranty claims, for reasons only they know best.

This is my personal opinion
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One option is get the oil changed at FASS at service run on it for 5000 Kms. and change the oil and oil filter at out side or DIY with the oil of your choice. This is what I am doing.

I run for 5K kms. on selenia and change it with castrol Edge 5w-40 oil.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are finanacially strong :D
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Theblack does raise pertinent points but let's discuss them in an appropriate thread.

Have D1 prices increased lately? 1120/litre is pretty $$$. You gotta be able to run it for complete15K or more ( if doing lots of highway drives) to justify that much expenditure.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The Delvac 1 can I bought 2 weeks ago costed me 3500/- for 5 ltr.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

i bought 4L for 3200:(
    Where did you get it from Vijay?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Is this the new one or old one?
    I mean I saw md-1 with a black sticker which is different from the one I have which has a blue sticker.
    When I asked the guy he said this is the new one saar. So I thought I should wait and check myself

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
  9. Guys, the car has reached 44800 Kms now and time to change oil. I am following this thread but could not finalize one oil. Which one is the best to go for among these 3.

1. Mobil Delvac 1
    2. Castrol Edge
    3. Shell Helix Ultra

All fully synthetic 5-40W
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You can't go wrong with either of the three oils but go for D1.

Cheers.