1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Yes...

It feels smoother... NVH has reduced...

My AC is not working these days(Ahmedabad - 45' C) as Cooling Coil has a leakage(FASS doesnt have Cooling coil in stock... Wait is on) and so I have to keep the windows rolled down which I have never done...
    But it still doesnt feel noisy at all...

Cheers... :up

Neel

- - - Merged Post - - -

I also was considering Mobil Delvac 1 but did not find any authorized distributor here in Ahmedabad from their website...

From other sources, found few dealers of Mobil Delvac 1... Visited them and they could not convince me that they will supply the ORIGINAL product.

One of the good friend of my Brother in Law is working in Shell Company (Local Ahmedabad office), So I requested him and he procured 'Shell Helix Ultra' for me from the company directly.

To get the 'Original oil' was the utmost priority for me(From the 2 options I had in mind - Mobil Delvac 1 & Shell Helix Ultra)

Neel.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aviator,
    i have used only once delvac1, maintianing oil change during the warranty period was bomb to pocket,because during the regular service intervals the car have to run again on castrol(to avoid any warranty issues).
    Now i'm out of warranty period and free to use any kind of oil ;) .

As already used Delvac 1,this time i will go for another brand and its Shell.these oild Delvac 1,Shell,Total are all good in its department.So nothing to worry.
    No issues with Delvac 1.

- - - Merged Post - - -

My ride have done 68K Kms,i hope Shell will keep her more silent :) and fuel efficient.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My next service is due in August. But, I am planning to change oil since my car was idle for more than 6 months. I need the cheapest option as it will hold good only for couple of months. What options do I have? I wanted to stick with the Fiat recommended 5W-40.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Cheapest 5W-40 oil is Selenia WRIf you want cheap and good oil go for mineral oil like shell rimula or shell hx range oils or Mobil delvac mx
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I understand that if you get the oil changed at an authorized ASS, with the specified grade, then it will get updated in your service history and you will not need to change oil again at next service.

I am in the same boat as you. My Jet feels a little rough, is due for 2nd free service in August and I wanted to change the engine oil+filter, before the upcoming Sabarimala trip. I was given this information, but am not fully convinced. If you can wait till Monday, I will talk to Mr. Channabasappa of Vecto Motors and get confirmation of the same.

Rajan
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ramesh, don't be too concerned about 6 months time period. The engine crankcase is a pretty sealed environment.

For peace of mind, get it checked by an experienced mech. Their assessment of viscosity by "finger testing" is pretty spot on.

Else run Shell HX7 10W40 till August. Guys here in Chandigarh run mineral15W40 without any issues and I will personally make a permanent switch to 10W40 when i complete 6k.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - Using any oil other than recommended 5W40 is at owner's risk. :evilsmile

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Again, the problem here is that I have to wait for another 3-4 weeks to get an appointment with the FASS for oil change.

This makes sense to me. I will have that checked this weekend before deciding on oil change.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just for oil change? Man, that is tough. I was asked to drive in at any time of my choice.

Rajan
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. I called this evening to check if they can give Selenia off the counter. They can't sell this but I was told that they will try to accommodate me before end of this month. They will try, not confirmed. If I request a proper appointment, I will have to wait for 3-4 weeks. This is the situation in Chennai since there is only one FASS so far.
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today I again visited Mobil 1 Car Care here in Hyderabad. Last time i got confused between Mobil Delvac 1 and Mobil Super. Today he quoted me Rs.1120 per liter for Mobil Delvac 1 and Rs.800 per liter for Mobil Super. Both are fully synthetic 5W-40.

I have two queries:-

1. Does Mobil Delvac 1 fulfills FIAT 9.55535-N2 rating? Mobil Super does fulfills this rating, i saw it on the can. I can't understand this because Mobil Delvac 1 is expensive than Mobil Super.

2. My car's mileage is around 9000 KM and i will be getting the oil changed in few days. I regularly want to use Mobil Delvac 1 but what should i do at the time of service?? When i was in Delhi a mechanic from TASS said that i cannot bring oil from outside. I can skip the oil change at service and get it done from outside but all this will be updated in service record and i may face warranty issues later on. What are my options??
    Last edited: May 24, 2013