1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. klubli

Czech Republic
    For your information only: The service interval in Europe for 1.3MJD Linea is 30000 km or 24 moths.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Are you sure? Because I read on a Fiat forum thread that "Generally oil changes are done on a multijet engine every 6 months or 9000 miles"
  3. Guys my MJD Punto has crossed 13k and i want to go for second servicing shall i send it right now or have to wait it it crosses 15k km from hyd suggest good service center 1st service was done at Tejaswi motors i felt ok this time its the 1st engine old change and hav small issues with the front doors also so guys suggest me what should be done
  4. sagi096

anna Tejaswi is near your home. you can go there and get all the issues fixed.
    but you also try concorde...
  5. drarvindc

Hi guys,

Need help!!

I got my punto 90 hp second servicing today (one month early 11,980 kms) as i am to go abroad next week.

I insisted on being with my car while they change the engine oil. The service engineer said that they have 4 liter can and only 3.2 would be added and rest you can keep. I said fine and i was ready to pay for the full can.

After some time the service engineer came and said that they have run out of 4 liter can and is it fine if they use the oil from the big drum. I said yes, if i can have a look at the drum.

I went with the guy to get the oil and to my shock there was no selenia oil drum in the oil room. The one big selenia drum they had was for petrol. All the other drums were castrol (green color) and there was one 50 liter castrol drum (plastic) which they say had the Selenia for diesel engine. They had already measured and removed 3.2 liter of oil in another can (mobil1 4 liter) and that was used for my car. Now the same can was being used for tata cars too and the same funnel.

I asked the service engineer about it and he asked me to trust him. I trust the guys for sure but there is no way to confirm if my car got selenia or not. I rated the quality as 1 (out of 10) in the feedback form and came back, but its in my head now and i am worried as hell.

I called up fiat customer care and explained (arup responded), he took the side of dealer - "they will never never mix oil". I had to correct him as i have seen the state of oil room and the same can going in for all fiat / tata cars with the same funnel.

What should i do? Guide please. I will put up the dealer review along with the invoice scan and stuff tonight.

6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Buddy this is one practise by TASS i dont like.This happened with me also.But in the last moment i told them if they have unopened Selenia cans then only i will opt for oil change.They agreed to it and i was given the same.The only thing running in ur car now is CASTROL Engine oil for sure.Cause TATA recommends Castrol.Use it for 2-3k kms then flush it and pour in selenia.Problem solved.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Most probably your car is running on Castrol Edge which is being filled in Manza and other Tata cars.
    Check your bill to confirm the oil.
    See the rate of oil Selenia WR costs around 550/- and Edge approx 900/-
    If your car is running Castrol Edge you don't need to change it but if it is running normal Castrol Engine oil change it ASAP.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Check what they have mentioned in the Bill. I believe in the bill they will mention correct details.
  9. drarvindc

This is the bill. I do not see any selenia mentioned in the bill.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks some issue, why its mentioned as "CLEANING AGENT - D".
    You must confront the dealer and ask for real oil they have put. The price look to be correct though.