1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Aviator, when is your yearly service due. If it's not too far away your Delvac 1 will go waste.

Go for Delvac 1 if you have a good amount of time and KM interval till your next service. The Delvac1 R-O-I is only when you extract everything from it.

Also, double check Maruti packaging of Delvac 1. Can be Delvac MX 15-40.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That oil is not Delvac1,even i was offered the same,it is Mobil Super or something recommended by Maruti for DDIS,though no harm in using it,but ratings are slightly different.I would recommend that you get Delvac1
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My yearly service is due in November. I always thought of changing the oil at 5000 KM but as a student MONEY was always an issue and other expenses kept on coming and oil change was delayed.

Now i am at 9000 KM and within a month i have to make a Hyderabad-Delhi-Hyderabad trip (around 3400 KM total). So i think i will touch 15000 KM before my yearly service.

I am almost certain that it was 5W-40. Don't know why Swift was printed on it though.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That is fake.
    Delvac 1 has a volvo truck picture on it. Or singer other truck. Maruti on it is just hideous.

Secondly is noticed these days that delvac 1 is also available in a black cover with the truck picture still painted on it.
    Please be sure of what you are buying

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
  5. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The oil can had Delvac 1 5W-40 printed on it. Don't know if it was fake or what. The service station also had Mobil Delvac branding all over it. Also don't know if that was authorized or not but it had quite no. of cars.

- - - Merged Post - - -

OK than i will just avoid it.

I know it has a truck picture. I have seen many time on Mobil Delvac's website.

Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 4l.jpg

usr_071009012153_MobilDelvac1ESP_0W40rev3_200.jpg
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Look what I found. Check this link:-

Mobil Super MGDO| 5W-40| 3.5L

mobil_super_mgdo_5w40_3.5l.jpg mobil_super_mgdo_5w40_3.5l_back_-_copy.jpg

@ Akshay4384 Now i think i had some mistake :confused: You are correct, it is called Mobil Super. The price is good though (Rs.2140 for 3.5 Liter) considering its fully synthetic 5W-40 but i will pour Delvac 1 in my baby's heart..
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good catch.

Yes, for this price, better to get the real deal - D1. Get a new oil + air filter as well.

Cheers.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Next :-

Shell_Helix.jpg

i believe similar to Delvac 1
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I recently fed my car's heart with Shell Helix Ultra

Cheers... :up

Neel
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Ganges

I saw in some previous posts that you were using Delvac 1, than why do you want to switch to Shell? Shell is also one of the very few best oils available in Indian market but you are already using the best, than why change. I don't think you will gain anything. That's my opinion.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Did you feel any change in NVH levels??