1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

15 mins idling with engine flush will screw the engine for sure.
    I would recommend faster oil changes than engine flushes.
    They don't make sense on new engines and not recommended for old engines.
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you want to get engine oil filter from outside TASS/FASS, just ask for manja engine oil filter that will do the duty in our multijet engines.
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Servicing done.
    Now punto is running on Delvac 1 5W-40. Did the oil change in ASS only.:)
    Thank you all.
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you observe any change in Engine Note?
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    yes no doubt..the engine sound has gone down!! I have done only 50-60kms from then, but still change is noticeable..!! It sounds more relaxed. I had experienced the same thing when i had changed my 1.9D oil from Petronas to Delvac 1...i am loving it:car yet to test her on high speed though.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to hear than engine sound gone down. Now its time to change the engine oil of my 90hp. Will be getting Shell Helix HX7 or Mobile Delvac Duratec semi synthetic oil.

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    is it 5W40 ?

My last oil change was with TASS,after 3K Kms the oil changed to black and one can sense the burning smell of carbon,is this how the oil behaves or the property of oil used by TASS is cheap quality ?

i would say use 15W 40 of low cost and for every 5000 Kms keep changing the oil.
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Diesel engine oil becomes black in color on you pour it into the oil tank (dont know the exact word) thats what I observed in last oil change interval.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Oil changes color the moment it comes out of the can and goes into the piping. Nothing to worry there, its just collecting all the unwanted stuff and turning black.
    Changing the grade is not really advisable.
    For a fully synthetic oil like Delvac 1 you can easily go up to 12K without worries .(Some say 15K is also doable, but i beg to differ).
    My suggestion would be to maintain the grade as is and choose a synthetic oil that is rated very high and be happy , simple.
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today I visited Standard Motor Works (Opp. IBM & Wells Fargo Entrance, Gachibowli, Hyderabad) for oil change query. He quoted me Rs.800/liter for Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40, that is Rs.2800 for 3.5 Liters, Rs.380 for oil filter and Rs.630 for air filter.

Interestingly the Mobil Delvac 1 oil can had Maruti Logo on it and Swift was also printed on the can. Is this normal?? It's my first oil change @ 9000KM and I am trying Mobil Delvac 1 for first time.

And does Mobil Delvac have their service stations? Like Castrol Pitstop. Asking this because this workshop had Mobil Delvac branding all over it. People from Hyderabad might know.