1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @theblack, From 99rpm.com website, It is available for Rs.3,485/-
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys, I am planning to get my car serviced over the weekend for 60K servicing. Not sure if they will really allow me to put Mobil Delvac 1 5w40. I want to move away from Selenia now. Also, extended warranty will end around Oct 2013. Can anyone help me to understand, how should i convince them to put Delvac during servicing it itself??? :confused:
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  3. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    [h=1]Mobil Super MGDO| 5W-40| 3.5L[/h]
    Rs. 2,140

At site 99RPM ; recommended for Fiat Engines as per site.

Anicaution
  4. Go for Delvac 1, its E-7/-E9 highest rated oil as per Euro ACEA rating what is available in India.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    My car underwent its third free servicing and again Castrol Edge Professional 5w40 was used instead of Selenia. When queried, I was told that there is no stock of Selenia and that TASS was instructed on using Castrol. This was the case even during the second free service. I wonder if it is worth a complaint to Fiat India as the engine oil grade is still 5w40.
  6. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Vadodara
    vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Never do such mistakes when Name TATA in your way , they always looking for reason to give excuses to escape from reponsibility of warrenties , specially to Fiat Customers .
    they will do TATA to your car for any warrenty agreement . i also wish to top up some lube oil in My GP 1.3 D but still searching for jenuine option whehther to go to Ahamdabad from Baroda .

keep away from TATA
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, do you have first hand experience of this? What I have heard is Fiat normally honours warranty claims in India without much fuss (much better than other car manufactures).
  8. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys, did anyone tried to do this?
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    dont worry about oil change at all.
    Let the service continue . Just tell them to not change oil and oil filter.
    Once the service is done take it to a service guy and get it changed.
    You will need the following.

1.) Delvac 1
    2.) oil filter (ask the FASC to know about the filter used and buy the same outside)
    3.) badhrayl oil cleanser (i think its called that but you can check).

Procedure::
    pour in badhrayl and let the engine idle for about 15mins.
    drain the old oil completely.
    Soak the new oil filter with the new oil (This is a must) then connect the filter.
    pour in about 100ml of new oil , let the oil sump cap be open so that the new oil will flush out any residue totally. (This is not required but i follow it to prevent mixing of oils)
    close the sump and pour oil and enjoy

your EW also ends in oct so point in sticking with what FIAT recommends unless your extremely unlucky and things take a bad turn in the next few months (unlikely).
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    @theblack
    Thank you very much buddy..tht really helped!!
    I spoke to kedar as well and he also suggested the same thing.:)
    1 person likes this.