1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @punto-er

If you can travel to mulund once,il arrange the filter for you.Or when you have time you can visit Dalvi Brothers,Opp Fortis Hospitals,Mulund west.
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, I have bought Paraflu UP coolant from a small store at GP road, Chennai. Hard to find, yes, but still available. :)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

My MJD clocked 9500 in last 7 months. More than half of the run is done in Bangalore heavy traffic.
    Kindly suggest is it better to go for oil change at 10,000 KM or is it ok to get it changed in second service ?

Thanks,
    Sunil
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not required

it is OK.
  5. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks Ganges
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Since the service is not too far away, so stick with the present oil. Get the service done a bit sooner. Say at 11 months or so.

Cheers.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Result of Excess engine oil

Oil starts leaking from places where there is slight loose in the seals. This happened to me when TASS fellows filled 3.5 Ltrs. instead of 3.3 ltrs. specified by fiat. Later, I took my vehicle to outside garage and removed excess oil.:cool:
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  8. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    i have made it a habit to check the oil level every week,i also bought a can of selena(1ltr) from TASS.i top it up when necessary.very minimal quantities its just that i keep it upto the edge of the grid in the marker.i had a bad experience with abysmal low oil level after service!!!!1
  9. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The oil specifications supplied by FIAT are completely loose and even outdated. To meet FIAT's specifications, even a cheap 15W40 will be enough which costs something like Rs. 200-220/ Litre. Many people here run cheap 15W40 in their Puntos and Lineas without any issue - they are out of warranty and service cars at outside garage.

The Delvac 1 is pretty much at the pinnacle of diesel engine oils and is formulated to meet the severest of demands.

Why FIAT has specified low specifications :

1. To keep costs low.
    2. The Multijet isn't exactly the most demanding of engines.

So, Delvac 1 is not a need, it is there if you want to give your engine the best!

The above is just a suggestion - TASS and FIAT will probably say otherwise. :)

Cheers.
    2 people like this.