1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It depends on the usage really and no fixed interval.

Having said that , i wouldn't worry at 10k. It's the D1 after all. Have a good drive to Bangalore :)
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys I've tried mobile 1 during my 45k service and now running on Castrol edge past 60k...
    Must say engine noise is reduced tremendously post Edge

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. thyagu2_2006

I have used both selenia and mobil 1, Both perform well. I do not find noticeable difference. You can go for a longer oil change interval in Mobil one.
  4. Is it delvac 1, plain mobil 1 is similar to Selnia but fully synthetic.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Mobil 1 is for gasoline engines,where as Delvac 1 is for Oil burners.
    Both are fully synthetic.
  6. Mobil1 is having same ratings as Selnia ACEA rating of C3 (Compression engine type) But delvac is way ahead with E7/9.
  7. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Engine Oil Change??

Hello Friends,

My TJet will be going for First Service this Saturday at Balaji Fiat Service Center, Thane. It has covered 5350kms in a lil more than 3 Months. I have decided to get the Engine Oil changed in this service. I wanted your suggestions on what should I fill in? Selnia or Mobil or Delvac or Castrol?

Most of the discussion on this thread are about the MJD, but I am one of the exceptions :D and couldn't find anything specific to the 1.4 TJet engine.

Please help out as I am novice when it comes to engine internals.

8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Confirm with the dealer whether they will allow using anything other than Selenia or not.

Although FIAT does not recommend changing oil before 15K, if you want you can get it done outside. Any good quality 5W40 oil like Mobil 1 / Castrol Edge would be fine but pricey. But considering the price at which FIAT sell Selenia it makes the fully synth oil prices look normal.

1 person likes this.
  9. drkars

i was reading thro this thread with lot of interest as its a hot topic! i was told by a person in the TASS outlet that there is an approx loss of 100ml every thousand kilometers,so constant checking and topping up(i.e every 1000 kms)is good.i picked up a 1 ltr of SELENA(he pumped it from the barrel in front of me!!!).my query here is what happens if the oil is above the max mark???
  10. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Thank you Gurjinder, I will check with FASS and see what happens. I knew FIAT doesn't recommend a change, but I bought the 2011 TJet+ and had asked the Sales Rep to change all Oils, but I cant be a 100% sure he did it. In this case, what would your recommendation be? Should I get a change or not? I want the engine to run smoother for the next 9 months before the second service. Please advise :)