1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

For an Older engine,i would any day recommend a thicker W50 grade over a W40,it will anyday offer superior protection.
    I have extensively used Mobil 1 5W50 on a Petrol Accent,and i can vouch for that oil,infact a Friend is running 9 year old Getz and a 10 Year old Opel Vectra on Same grade Mobil 1,and engine performance is flawless.Mobil 1 5W 50 will be just perfect for a 1.6L Gasoline engine.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There are many mineral oils in the 15W40 segment. And cheap too!

I'd use the Mobil Delvac MX without any worries. Yes it's marketed as a diesel engine oil, but rest assured it meets and exceeds the API SG specification by a mile and it'll protect your engine more than a petrol engine oil. Plus, it's one of the best mineral oils in the market today. Only issue is that stocks seem to vanish rapidly.

Keep changing every 5k km's and you'll be a happy camper.
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

Does anyone know where do we get Selenia oil in Bangalore? Also just wanted to check whether I will lose my engine warranty if I change to other company oil (Shell/Mobil 1) which has same specification as FIAT recommends in the manual? My car (1.3 MJD) is hardly 5 months old with first service done.. but in first service they did not do anything except car washing and polish though I reported few issues. Also when I enquired about the engine oil in TASS they are bringing in lose can which I am not willing to change. Could someone assist me on this as I am planning for a long journey on Dec 1st week.

Thanks for the help in advance.

_nanda
  4. This comes with a risk,if you are not ready experiment you are better off sticking to recommended grade.
    My point was car never reached the upper limit of temperature gradient so using 50W instead of 40W made sense for me but may not be for some one else.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Wagon R and ZEN do not have hydraulic tappets and turbo etc. Dont try different viscosity coil in MJD ever.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I went to buy Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 today.
    The dealer offered me Mobil Super,recommended by Maruti 5W40 Fully Synthetic oil for diesel engines,stating this is similar,i am just wondering if anyone else came across this,Should i go for this oil,as i am not able to source oil in Delvac1 Packing anymore.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's definitely not D1.

Contact Vijay Khasa. He knows one Mobil distributor.

Also give these guys a call, they are at Manimajra. Verma Agencies @ 0172-5073431. I get Motul from them and they are one of the big stockists.
  8. Did you Checked below ....

Batra Auto Spares , Ashram Chowk , Delhi
    Phone: (011) 26834477, (011) 26912737 , 9999634477
    Address: K-68, Hari Nagar, Ashram Chowk, Delhi- 110065

Landmark: Near Mahaveer Dharam Kanta

I tried to call guy but he is not picking up. let me know if you want me to bring from delhi .
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok so my Delvac 1 is approaching close to 10K usage now, i've heard a lot of good stories about its durability , what is the oil change interval on delvac 1?
    Is 10K too less for an oil like D1 or should i change it once i get back to blr?