1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Engine Oil change.

Hello everyone! My Linea MJD has done about 6400kms and tomorrow is the first service. I need to change the engine oil. So wanted to consult that which one should i opt for? The OEM engine oil by fiat or any other. Names of other brands will be great.
    Cheers,
    Thanks in advance,
    Jishnu
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stick to Selenia. That is the brand recommended by Fiat
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes stick to Selenia WR.

Try and get those 1 ltr bottles of Selenia WR. I don't trust the oil they have in those "drums". God knows if its Selnia or Savsol in there :p

Gurjinder.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Now Selenia is available in 4-litre can only apart from loose oil from the drum.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Not entirely true. Last oil change for my Punto done using 1 L packs. I still have got the left over in another 1L can.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Do the TASS allow us to purchase oil for top ups. When I enquired for coolant they told they cannot sell it to me. Is it possible to get it from outside?
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Huh

Did you enquire about the reason behind this absurd logic?

And 4 ltr cans will be okay too.

The excess engine oil can be put to a good use. Atleast for the guys who happen to have older diesel cars at home.

I've always put in leftover fresh engine oil into the fuel tank of our Palio D. 500ml of engine oil in a full tank of diesel.

Helps in lubricating.
    This i do around once in 3-4 months.
    So, when the Linea goes for an oil change, the leftover will go straight into the Palio D's fuel tank (max 500 ml in one go, not more) and the rest in the Toyota diesel.

Gurjinder.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does it Ok to mix engine oil with Fuel. As far as I know In engine the oil and fuel is not allowed to mix.
    At TASS I ask for a new bottle to keep with me(coolant) so that I don't have to go to TASS for top up.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Not an issue.

The volume is 500ml engine oil for every tankful i.e 40-45 litres of diesel.

Helps in the lubrication of the injection pump and the injector nozzles. Once in 3-4 months is no problem.

But only in the older non CRDi engines have i tried this,i,e. the Palio D and another Toyota Turbodiesel that we have.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011