1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @sat-chit-ananda

I never told Mobil1 uses fake symbols.There can be a possibility they might.Infact why mobil1 only?? Castrol,Shell etc all can get fake rating for their oils nowadays.For proof read that link.
  2. I use Castrol Edge in my 9 year old Zen and used mobil 1 super Syn in the cars cars i owned and currently using Delvac 1 in Punto, I can certainly vouch for the quality and ratings of the oil,Mobil is far superior to Castrol Edge.But as you said some one can still make use of old can and fill a cheap oil init and sell it off the shel but that can happen to Castrol too.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Market is flooded with duplicate castrol oils. I have myself seen duplicate castrol bike oil cans. Buy from reputed shops.
  4. 1+ to that.I myself brought duplicate magnetec once!!
  5. mkpiyengar

mkpiyengar

i'm planning to change oil for my Fiat 1.6 Petrol. I checked with local dealer who said Selenia is not available, how do you source it?
    1. How to identify original Mobil ? Are there some links to it.
    2. Is selenia available some where readily in Mumbai ?
    3. My FIAT is for weekend/leisure usage, hence not much running, does it justify to go for synthetic.

As per my understanding for petrol engines 10W30 and 5W40 for diesels are recommended. Any oil that adheres to these specs should be fine.
    Though Mobil1/Shell Ultra Helix are most preferred choice.

Rgds
    MKP
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

recommended oils would be availavle in TATA Car Repair Shop at worli for sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Mate your Grades are completely wrong for petrol engines!! It's 5w40 for petrol and diesel engines respectively. Mobil1/Shell/Castrol/Total/Motul all are grade 1 oils and can be used without any problems!!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  8. mkpiyengar

mkpiyengar

I thought it was 5W40 only as I've used Mobil 1 Fully syntetic of the same grade. But that was for diesel.
    I was told by my regular dealer yesterday that for Petrol it is 10W30. Thanks for the update.

Cheers
    MKP
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What dealer says is wrong.

Here is a proof.

enoilgrades.jpg
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today i checked Mobil 1 website and there is no 5W40 listed in their products. There is 0W40 & 5W50.

Check yourself:-

Mobil 1&#8482 Products