1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    someday i wish someone does some "REAL" Testing on the so called excellent grade oils and publish the outcome...
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thats a steep price for the Shell Helix Ultra. I just checked the price at a Shell dealer last week and he quoted 3000 bucks for the 4 ltr can. Did ultimately decide to go with the Selenia for the T-jet given warranty issues at least for the first two years.
  3. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    May I know where you got that price? The label on my oil can shows Rs.4,400/- March 2012 import. May be the seller from were you got the quote has old stock.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes the label had 4400 printed (don't remember the month of import). I remember it clearly because I was taken aback by the price quoted since I didn't expect that much discount on the printed rate. This was in South Delhi (don't remember the dealer name but he was displaying a board saying he is an authorized Shell dealer). I'll capture these details when I visit the market next.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    If you can get a lab test done on your used oil stating the contents of low iron levels,I will start using MOBIL1.People on Forums just dont blabber crap.They have the evidence,lab tests posted.You can google, it's your best friend :) I've read so much negatives on Mobil1 than any other oil before.I too was on the verge of buying one but switched to Edge and very happy.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@harishgayatri

Shell Advance Ultra 10w40 is available for Rs650/- in mulund.Who gave you this special discount buddy??? :-D
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  6. I have used Mobil 1 since first car, when i sold my Wagon R after riding it for 70000 Kms, car's engine was still running like new.
    My zen has Castrol Edge it is little smoother than Mobil 1 but i am planning to switch to mobil 1 in the next oil change.
    API and ACEA ratings provided on the box tell you the quality of the oil.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Really? :eek: Where did you find it? I will get it from him the next time. :)

Btw If you are interested, you can come during the 1st week of December to see my scoot(Chetak) getting rebuilt.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Not necessary.Rating can be faked too.Google :D

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

Scroll to the bottom.

@harishgayatri

Besides the Ration office there's one garage.You will get it there.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

TEHO,I am happy with Mobil1\Delvac1 you enjoy living on the edge;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

TEHO,I am happy with Mobil1\Delvac1 you enjoy living on the edge;)
  10. Dear Sir,

Do you think Exxon Mobil would put a FAKE API symbol and rating? I don't agree with you,sorry your argument is not substantiated with proof.

-Sat