1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I changed my engine oil with Mobil super 3000 formula 5W-40.I observed reduction in NVH level after change.
    Thanks gurjinder for your suggestion.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sreekanth,
    please share your details after few run(500Kms) as well,i suggest you to reset the ecu as well.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You can skip any ECU reset. It is, at best , a placebo when it comes to supposedly increasing/restoring engine performance.

Cheers.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am not getting a Oil filter specifically for Linea MJD in open market.
    Getting a Swift DDIS OEM for 370 bucks,can i use it?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes you can use it. I used it in my 90hp Punto.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

But 370 is too much for that oil filter in open market. I bought it for 145:
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Paid 376 bucks for swift OEM(maruti packing) oil filter
    and 3000 bucks for 4L Delvac1
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm using delvac 1 and i think i've done about 6500 on it already (actual odo reading is not with me right now).
    What would you guys recommend as a good time to change this oil?
    8000kms or 10k ?
    Mind you I'm running on a remapped ECU and do highway driving once every 2-3months.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Although it is only guesswork, but 10k should be easy on the D1. No worries.

Highway driving is actually better for the oil and engine. It is city driving which harms the car more.

Cheers.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My TJet is nearing 3000 kms and I am thinking of getting the engine oil changed - reason: the oil is more than a year old and I read in this thread that oil should be changed in a year

I might go in before the first service to get it changed. I am thinking of Mobil Selenia - SA has quoted Rs 3800 for the oil and some amount for the air filter

Any suggestions on what I should take care of/note while TASS is going the oil replacement? Also, is it necessary to change the oil right now or I can wait for first service before replacing it
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    When is your initial checkup @5000km/6months due? Also, when is the 15,000km/1 year service due.

Cheers