1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Mate, I have been fiddling under the hood and did open the Engine Oil cap but was surprised not to find the dipstick. will check tonight.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    try pulling the yellow thing highlighted below.
    engine.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    So, since real estate is free on TFI , this is the kind of things people are going to write here just to pursue a point?

FIAT is a fruit vendor?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @relativity
    Engine oil dip stick is the highlighted one in the post No.292 by fiatlover and I think you are fiddling with engine oil filler cap which is beside the airfilter inlet hose a big yellow cap.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I pulled the Engine Oil Dipstick & only the bottom most part was covered in Oil, just the tip. Is that normal?
    Will try to post a pic later today.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yes the bottom most part should only be covered in oil.
    The entire stick is like a spring and at the bottom you will have a depression then again the stick continues till the end.
    What you should be looking for is to see if the oil residue is covering the portion after the depressed point till the end of the stick.
    Usually if you feel that its close to 85-90% then its normal.

DO NOT OVER FILL
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OVERFILL is harmful to your engine. As long as the level is with in the lower and upper mark range there is no harm, much harm is not there if a bit is low. But, if it is high then It is dangerous to engine.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Please post pics so that we can take a look at it and decide then..
    Also if the engine oil warning light comes ON in the MID then DONT EVEN TRY TO START THE ENGINE, because that would mean that you are critically low on Engine oil
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The car is with TASS since yesterday for minor fixes. I will check the Oil before delivery today. The engine Oil warning sign does come on when the key is on "MAR". But once I start the engine, it goes away.