1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    UPDATE : Now it is clear that my engine oil was low. After top up now the vehicle is very smooth and more over the FE has returned to its glory. Got 17kmpl for 30km drive.
    Now there is no doubt that engine oil was the culprit for the low mileage and noise.
  2. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    I feel that oil change after 15k is not practical , be it Fiat , Skoda, Suzuki . In conditions like India where most of times we stay in 2nd or 3rd gear with drastic weather conditions , Oil Change is must after 7k . Practical option is to use normal mineral based oil every 5k kms , its easy on pocket also and car too will love .
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    1.4 drinks engine oil a lot more than normal. mine has dropped to less than half in the dipstick after 3k kms. oil consumption in modern engine is really strange.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto never drink engine oil. Right from day 1 till the day oil changed on 2nd free service it remained intact.

Even, the manual says engine consumes a little engine oil for certain kilo meters but I never faced this but I have problem of very slight coolant loss don't know whether it is normal. It around 50 to 100 ml. of coolant lost in 15K kms. TASS fellows topped it with distilled water. After running for another 5K kms. the level is slightly (few mms.) below the max. mark. Just keeping a tab on the coolant level. Fingers crossed.:(
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Oil consumption, I think is normal in Fiat. In some cases it happened related to many other issues. For example if coolant is less then oil consumption will be more since engine will be performing at higher temperature. Constantly driving vehicle at higher rpms etc.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    just bought a can of Mobil Delvac 1 .. waiting to go to my mechanic and get it changed.
    Lets see how the performance goes.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this will add value to your remapped ECU ;)
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm hoping so too. ..lets see
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Slightly OT but does the dipstick come with the car or we need to buy it?
    Ignorance is not bliss :D
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Request you to go through the owner's manual once. :) For Punto, it's the yellow thing sticking out on the engine.
    1 person likes this.