1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm not sure if there is an engine level warning light in the engine. Most of the time it is just a engine oil pressure warning light. It comes on when oil pressure drops below a safe limit. Among other things it can also mean engine oil level is low. When it will come on, i don't really know. But oil would have to be seriously low for it to come on.

The oil is much, much lower mate and will never be visible from the filler neck. It is present in the crankcase, not in the filler neck. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As far as I know, Oil is not visible through oil filler cap, whether it is on full level or below that. That is why we have engine oil dip stick (to check the oil level). If it is visible through the filler cap then a separate dip stick is not required.

It is advised that check fluid levels periodically at specified intervals or before going to a long trip. I follow it religiously.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have noticed following a couple of times.
    Once during a highway drive after passing a toll I was trying to stop the car and it was in second gear and while trying to remove the seat belt at the same time I found the vehicle stopped and the message "oil pressure is low' came. I switched off and again started the vehicle and it didn't happened. The Fuel was almost full at that time.
    Another similar incident was after filling full tank when I was about to enter the main road there was a small gap between both the road and I stopped the vehicle and trying to accelerate the vehicle stopped by getting trapped in that gap and the same message came. It didn't come while running anytime. But only when my vehicle got stopped in gear, where I was almost on half clutch. Is it anything related to engine oil pressure?
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @sungoa

That is normal.If you stall your car in gear by not properly releasing the clutch then it will stall and car will show "insufficient oil pressure".Perfectly normal no need to worry.
    1 person likes this.
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If the engine comes to stall, then engine oil pressure light will only glow. No message appears on the mid. From the sungoa's post it seems that they is message in the MID.

I have never got the "low oil pressure" message on the MID, when engine stalled in the gear.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yes the message was on MID.
    Thanks pioneeraaron
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A message on the MID means your engine needs your attention.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I used to get the message that Engine is overheating in cold start. It was some software error and disappeared when the ECU updated.
    This is also I think some error. Hope that there is no problem with the engine.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Nope it doesnt.Message appears on the MID itself for me too.My engine is perfectly ok "Insufficient oil pressure" should come on the MID and where else it would flash then? Light doesnt glow in any case i guess its just the message on the MID.

@mvb4u

Its not "low oil pressure" its "insufficient oil pressure"
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually, what intended is "insufficient oil pressure" but typed low oil pressure.