1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After 2 weeks..
    simply superb+.....its just like T-Jet comments/posts :D
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    FYI, i am too running on Delvac1 :) makkhan maarke !!
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    2nd serv.jpg

Guys, have a look at the invoice for the second free service. Note the area marked in red - the engine oil used is Castrol Professional Edge 5w40. I asked the SA why this has been used instead of Selenia and he replied saying that this is what is now used for all Fiat cars. Any comments on the quality of this??

Second query - is it normal for the steering to feel a little lighter after second free service. It now feels as light as any EPS. The accelerator pedal too has gone a little lighter.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you confirm from the dealer which oil was used , exactly?

I can't find Castrol Edge Prof in 5W40. Everywhere it is 0w40. Which is primarily a petrol engine oil. But since it is also ACEA A3/B3 , you should be fine. But the dealer did not do his homework correctly.

Yes, your steering should be light always. Maybe the tires were out of alignment , which got corrected during the service - hence the lighter steering.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    regarding engine oil i have mailed the fiat customer service and they insisted on the selenia wr, they even said that if selenia is not available with the dealer they will make sure that its available. btw my car is only 5k ks old and due for 1st free service. front left elastic pad has been replaced under warranty. also i don't want to use castrol in any case because they are all useless( from experience in my bike)
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rituraj,
    Why its mentioned Assly Fuel filter ? the whole assembly of fuel filter was changed ? can you share your ideas on this ?
    i have seen in FIAT manual for second service Fuel Filter replace only,does it means Assly Fuel Filter.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Do you think this is a serious enough matter, demanding an escalation to Fiat? Is this Castrol Professional Edge 5W40 detrimental to my car's engine in any way? I am a complete noob in these things.
    Yes it was an assli fuel filter and not a 'nakli' one.:D Jokes apart, they have returned the old one and it is indeed a fuel filter.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We change oil filter for every oil change it doesnt mean that we are changing the whole assembly...
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    fuel filter.jpg

@Ganges, this is the item that was changed - does look like a fuel filter (as I said earlier in the thread, I am a complete noob in technical things). Regarding the use of Castrol Edge Professional engine oil, should I escalate the matter to Fiat or am I making too much of a trivial issue? Someone please suggest.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rituraj,
    Thank you very much with the pic info.
    that means Fuel Filter = Fuel filter Assembly :)

As the engine oil is of grade 5W40 ,then no need to worry.
    but Castrol Edge Professional is 5w30 ?
    why dont you go to an Oil trding shop and confirm the name with the oil grade ?
    this is something to worry i guess if any problem comes to your engine in future.
    1 person likes this.