1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Just checked again with the nearby dealer and he has Apr 2011, Mobil1 Delvac and ready to give it @ 3750/- for 5 L container.

Changing engine oil at Service centre is recommended or at nearby good workshop?

What i would like to know, can I change engine oil now and skip engine oil change during my car 3rd service which is due on May 2012. Changing engine oil at service center is mandatory or can be skipped. Heard a lot about the discrepancy on engine oil at TASS.

Edit: My car is Punto 1.4L Petrol.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    TASS will probably not allow skipping an oil change and it can give them an opportunity to present claims of warranty being denied/affected.

Seeing as you have the petrol punto, i suggest you go for an oil meant specifically for petrol engines.

Since the service is due in a month's time, ask the TASS if they are okay with officially filling an aftermarket oil during the service. If not, then Selenia K it will be.

Cheers
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @darkshooter

Mobil Delvac is for diesel engines buddy.Stay away as i see you own a petrol punto.Lot of better options out there.Castrol Edge,Shell Helix,Motul Xcess.Mobil1 3000 Super etc etc.Take you pick!!
  4. ---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i got a quote of 760/litre for delvac 1 mobil..guess thats very cheap compares to the rates i am getting here...
    can anyone pls also suggest me if i need to change the fuel filter as well??
    if not is it okay to drive the next 10k kms after changing to delvac 1??
    my present ODO ia at 19k and the last oil change i had done was in 11000 kms

regaards
    sanjeev
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    When is the official service of your car due?
  6. i bought my car on 28th july 2011,i did my 2nd service in 11k kms on 29th dec 2011 so officially 3rd service should be at 26 k(i think so)
    but since in 2 weeks i am doing a trip of around 3000 kms, so i thought i will get the oil chnaged...
    in fact i aways think of changing the engine oil in interval of 7500 but last time due to some other time contraints i couldnt do it..
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes go for Delvac 1 then. Pretty much the best oil there is for our Multijets.

Also, don't forget to change the engine oil filter. There's no need to change the diesel filter yet. Let it complete 15,000km's.

Cheers.
  8. yes i will be changing the oil filter and air filter as well..
    only thing is i am not getting a good oil filter in market...
    i enquired for puralator and bosch but they are not available... instead of that oil filter from Lumax is available..
    i need to search more shops i guess

will it be a problem if i run this diesel filter more than 15k ?? say 17-k ??
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i dont think TASS should have a problem with oil change from selenia to other brand.... when i had queried about change in brand of oil ...the person(at TASS) there told me tat they have MOBIL oil in stock and tats what they use/recommend for TATA cars!! I get my servicing done at TATA motors worli...see if you have thier extension at navi mumbai aswell.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

i dont think TASS should have a problem with oil change from selenia to other brand.... when i had queried about change in brand of oil ...the person(at TASS) there told me tat they have MOBIL oil in stock and tats what they use/recommend for TATA cars!! I get my servicing done at TATA motors worli...see if you have thier extension at navi mumbai aswell.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Get a MGP oil filter for Swift Diesel from MGP parts dealer.