1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. You can use a Diesel Engine oil in petrol engine.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    immediately i found the difference in engine roaring at 1st and 2nd gear,its very smooth...
    lets give one more week for observation from Fuel Efficiency point of view !
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @darkshooter

1.Mobil1 Super 3000 5w40.
    2.Castrol Edge 5w40.
    3.Shell Helix Ultra 5w40.

I would highly recommend the below two.If your ok with the wear n tear part of the engine being on the higher side with maximum performance then u can choose Mobile1.
  4. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Aaron bhai. Btw howz Motul 8100 Xcess as mentioned by gurjinder as the FIAT compliant engine?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pioneer,
    i had that doubt while changing to Mobil product,hence got clarification from Exxon mobil support
    The reply was:-
    But based on the experience of some FIAT'ians i opted for Mobil Delvac1 5W40.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @darkshooter

Your Welcome.Motul is awesome but costly.Per liter cost is around 1100-1200/- It's your call.Sourcing it is also difficult in mumbai.I had a hard time sourcing Motul for my two wheeler.Im using Castrol Edge right now in my Linea.It's become so silent that sometimes i feel the engine is not running at all.My next pour would be the Castrol Edge Proffessional.This one is easily available in navi mumbai.Edge performance wise is also great.Im getting little bit improved overall average than before.

@ganges

Im not talking about FIAT recommendetions or so.Im directly talking about the oil.I've been reading some international forums offlate n being finding the Mobil1 to be the most cursed oil due to the high wear n tear of the engine.Higher levels of iron detected in their tests.So i decided to stay away from Mobil1.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pioneer,
    i'm talking about the standards about the Oil.
    why i'm pointing out is because
    1. Mobil Delvac1 5W40 doesnt says ACEA A3/B3 rather says meets ACEA requirements(as printed on the CAN)
    2.Mobil Super 3000 5W40 meets and is specific with ACEA A3/B3 FIAT 9.55535-N2(These number can be found in FIAT Manual)

My worry is FIAT recommendation as per MANUAL and which MOBIL product is perfect for our cars from out of two.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  8. Mobil 1 Delvac meets ACEA E7/E8 and API CI-4 Plus, both of which is superior to Castrol Edge not sure about Motul.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No you cannot. Diesel engine oils are full of cleansers chemicals and the oil seals and other components are not designed to withstand this.

Never use a Diesel engine oil in a petrol car.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ACEA E7/E8 is for heavy duty diesel engines right ?