1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Good pictorial representation, Ganges.
    And TASS charges Rs. 1200 for this job! :(

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit,
    first of all i went TASS to get the job done,then he argued to use oil only from service and outside oils are not allowed and when i asked him to show the pack of oil which you are using then he said we dont order in packs we order in barrels i have also seen the barrels of Castrol but Selenia nopes.

so decided to go outside ,i paid him 120 Rupees :) for the job.the oil filter cost was also very less 110 Rupees :)

Now lets see how engine behaves with Mobil Delvac1
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is the very reason for changing the oil after running just 2000 Kms. after engine oil change. They brought the oil in castrol can and too 3.5 ltrs. was filled. Though the correct quantity when filter changed is only 3.2 Ltrs.
  4. Satej

Satej

Mumbai
    hello ,
    I have a Linea 2011 emotion pk
    Needed to know if i need to flush out the earlier engine oil what Oil is best recommended for this diesel engine and at what interval also if i intend to replace the oil filter where do i get one original one

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

hello ,
    Can you pls tell me which oil is recommended for Emotion PK Linea 2011 model and also where will i get original spares in mumbai ?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also told them the same thing when they filled up 3.5 litres . They said that it takes 3.5 litres when the filter is changed. I checked in the morning and the level was at MAX. I do not like the oil level being at MAX. It should be in between MIN and MAX.

And, they overfilled the Coolant also. :thumbs down . So i'll have to take some coolant out now.

@ Satej

All your queries have been addressed already in the thread. Kindly have a read . As for the oil, go for Mobil Delvac 1.

Cheers.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ Ganges - the process was a bit wrong. You said you first changed the oil filter and then you drained the oil. It should have been reverser way. After draining all the oil you should change the filter and then pour in fresh oil.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    italia
    You are ri8.!
    It was done the way u thought first drain then filter change,i have mentiond in wrong way.thanks for correcting me.i was about to edit but laziness due to weekend.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As you are in mumbai you can get oem parts from kava automobile, 50/2 Modi Chambers, Opera House, Mumbai - 4, at lesser prices than from TASC.

Heard good reviews about them in this forum and other forums.

Have any one of you came across/used pureone synthetic oil filter from purolator? Here is the lilnk of the product I am talking of.http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/SyntheticOilFilters.aspx
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  9. @Ganges,

Please let us know on your feedback after oil change.

-Sat
  10. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Which engine oil is recommended for Punto 1.4L NA petrol engine?

Anything available from Mobil1 stable?