1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As far as my knowledge goes you can use the engine oil and engine oil filter. But, don't know how to use bardahl for engine flush.
    Can, you please post the pics of oil filter without the box. i.e. by openening it from the box packing. So, that we can have an idea of what is in the box.

I think the price of the engine oil is also reasonable. I got 4L can castrol edge 5W-40 for Rs.3,200/-.

What is the cost of oil filter and engine flush liquid?
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Mobil 1 delvac is 5W40 i.e has better film during cold start and even at high temps. So it wont cause high wear tear.

Its same grade as Selenia WR i.e 5W40.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Absolutely reasonable price.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Bhardhal engine flush is noting but detergents which when mixed with old(existing not new) engine oil cleans the carbon/sludge keep the engine running on ilde RPM for 20 minutes and drain it.
    it costs Rs300/-

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Motul have car engine oils?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    010420121099.jpg
    010420121095.jpg
    010420121098.jpg
    Hope that helps

Sat,
    May be today i will go for oil change,your comments helped me and yeah i'm going to use bardahl flush i have got it for 310 INR.before that i have done some notes about mileage and the same will do after change of oil :)
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do take some pics when changing e. oil filter and post it here and it helps a lot.

However, the oil filter change during my car 2nd service looks different. It is a metal can like thing. I think this part goes into the metal can.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bhaskar,
    i'm little confused here with engine oil grade..
    FIAT says ACEA A3/B3/B4

The mobil Delvac1 meets ACEA/EMA/JAMA Global DHD-1,and also mentioned can be used in apllications requiring API CF-4,ACEA E5/E3.

What was the specifications when you changed it to castrol ?
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the specifications

img0036pl.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no- the one shown in pics above is the correct oil filter. there is no metal can type thing on MJD.

the oil filter on mjd is inverse type. you remove the plastic protective cover, then remove the metal cover and unscrew the old filter.

then just clean the surrounding areas- i am sure you will spill oil while removing the filter. then just screw this new yellow oil filter and reassemble. thats it,
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the fiat genuine part comes with some cover they just removed the old filter and fit the new one. The yellow thing shown in the pic. is not seen. Black thing was removed and new black thing was fixed. I am along with my vehicle during 2nd service through out the service process, i.e. when the vehicle was handed over to the technician till the vehicle was handed over to me at the service centre out gate.

I think this yellow filter needs to be fixed in the black can type thing after removing this type of old filter from that black can.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    italia-linea is absolutely correct and i have observed the same today,please refer below attachment-snaps for the pic-view......
    i driven my car to nearest washing station where i have good relation with one of mechanic,i have shown him first the oil-filter after seeing it immediately told it will fit... :)
    View attachment 20370
    then asked the techician to first flush the engine with bardahl(he was also experiencing first time),after pouring the bardahl into the old oil as an additive,then for 15 mins engine fast idling(acceleration) was done!
    010420121102.jpg
    after flush, the plastic casing black colored filter cap was removed
    010420121105.jpg
    010420121100.jpg
    then after by unscrewing the metal can the old filter was removed of course lot of oil was spilled,then changed with new one purolator.The old one was exactly the same as of new except for the make, it was UFI.the filter goes in to this metal can.
    010420121104.jpg
    after the change of oil filter, time was to drain the oil
    010420121103.jpg

and finally at last Mobil Delvac1 5W40
    010420121106.jpg
    2 people like this.