1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did not feel the necessity for so.

Actually, What is the recommended interval for engine flush?

owners manual indicate that oil change interval of 15000 kms and silent on engine flush.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

I am not sure of that may be gurjinder sir can shed some light into this

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Can you please shed some light into how the engine is behaving now after the oil change? Any notable difference between castrol and selina?
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just completed a trip of 1000+ kms. Here, are my observations about engine behavior

1. Starting:- Same as before

2. Idling noise:- Nothing change. used to be as before.

3. Running:- Response from the engine is smoother. I pushed the engine upto 3500 rpm, quite smoothly it climbed up. Early I pushed upto 3000 rpm, then it is a bit harder.

4. At the time of stopping:- Slight Reduction in the woobling movement.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mvb4u
    thats good one with pictorial info
    i'm facing this problem of too much noise from engine,hence i manage it with media player :)

meeedhi gunturuu maadhi gunturruuuu :)
    (my native also guntur)
  5. Did you not change the Oil filter? I guess it was needed as your are switching from semi to fully synthetic one.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have not changed the oil filter. Please, suggest after market engine oil filters for punto made by good brand.
  7. Bosch is available, it seems to of good quality.
  8. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Whenever you change engine oil it's recommend that you change the oil filters as the old filters can spoil the oil faster. Another observation, since you moved from semi synthetic to full synthetic you should change it.

You can always buy the original oil filler from tass as it's the same for vista / punto.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I ought to have changed but not. Had any one used after market filter from purolator or bosch? If, Yes, Please, specify the part no. so, that I will get it from out of TASS and do another DIY of E.Oil filter and post it here.
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Just ask for the swift diesel oil filter from purolator. It will work in Punto. Alternately you can get bosch ones also