1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Checked the Mobil 1 Delvac prices in Pune. its Rs.4000 CI-4 rated. I told him that elsewhere its selling for Rs.3600, but he dint budge.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    contact the distributor directly, they could give some great discounts on MRP and still earn profit wonder how much they buy it for
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Isnt flushing recommended? Before oil change?
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

How much does T.A.S.S charge for just an oil and filter change-leaving apart cost of engine oil.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Buggers charge almost equivalent to paid service. they charge 1100 for oil change.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1100 for a 15min job. That's a labour rate of 4400 per hour (sort of):confused:. Talk of a daylight ripoff. Shakespeare's Shylock was much kinder compared to these TASS.

Do they charge the same for a TATA also?
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Damn this is daylight robbery-Hyundai used to charge 150 bucks(labour for oil filter change)-thats it.
    Il rather get it changed outside or try a DIY-my only concern is using a aftermarket oil filter like purolator or something.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Akshay4384, don't buy after market oil filter! You can source it from TASC's spares counter. Our MJD's oil filter costs 399Rs/- only. Its good to use genuine FIAT filters. I just did my oil change. You can buy it at TASC They won't deny.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

So they have counter sale?
    in that case can i buy selenia as well,as i plan to drain oil in 300-400kms before switching to fully synthetic.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Can't get you bro. How much kms you have run on your current oil??

Yep, you can buy Selenia from counter. But about oil you might get some mad explanation lile we don't sell cans, we have a big drum of Selenia & blah blah...

If you have good contacts with inner persons then you might get lucky. As in my case i got oil filter from Galaxy but they refused for oil. Whereas i got oil directly from counter of Fortune SC.