1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ok , Sales lady was quoting for P.Blue but what I was looking for was P.Blue extreme !!
    here is the spec sheet of the same.
    http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/premium_blue_extreme.pdf

Please take a look at spec sheet for P.blue it's ratings are impressive API-CJ-4 and ACEA E7/E8, what is wrong in using such good rated engine oil and do oil changes every 7500 Kms?
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes EXTREME is 5W-40 Grade oil. But the earlier link it was "premium blue" which is 15w-40 Grade only.

P.Blue how nice the ratings may be! In my humble opinion, better stick to the OEM specified grade. Better not to go for other grades of oil even if it is better.

I try experimenting with 5W-40 only and don't play with other grades.
  3. OEM Selnia WR is also 15W-40 right?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    No Selenia WR is 5W-40 and meets or exceeds the requirement of
    API CF
    ACEA B3/B4
    FIAT 9.555.35-N2
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sat,

The premium blue is a simple 15W40 mineral oil and not fully synthetic. It is a "dino oil ( dino stands for dinosaurus)" and is CH4 rated. And 3950 for 15 litres is not cheap, its very expensive. For a 15 litre pack of 15W40 i would expect around 3200 at max. I got 10 litres of Petronas Urania Supremo CI4 (for the Palio D) at Rs 2100.

Plus, when Delvac 1 is available in the market, you don't need to look at other brands. ;)

Cheers.
  6. http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/premium_blue.pdf check this pdf it says it meets CJ-4 rating being mineral oil.I agree Delvac is available in JK automobiles quoted 3600 for 5 lts can.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SELENIA WR is 5W-40 Grade. This is clearly stated in the owners hand book.

delvac at Rs.3,600/- for 5 litres!!! Which grade?

I changed TASS refilled engine oil with CASTROL EDGE 5W40 SN. Will Upload the detailed pics.

NOTE:- Don't order the oil looking at the spec. from website. Buy, only after checking whether it meets required specification, which is printed on the can.
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    750 rs/litre means 3750rs for 5L. That maybe in Blr/Chandigrah. In kerala you will get only 10% discount on MRP
  9. You are 100% right , I was told that Mobil Delvac 1 is CJ-4 rated but on the can which is 5 months old it's still API-CI-4 plus!! but ACEA rating was E7.
    Any way if you have pre 2012 Punto with little higher NVH due to engine tyre. Mobil Delvac 1 will reduce the Engine noise considerably in my car there is no big difference in sound whether I am in 2K RPM or 3K, earlier cross 3K RPM meant that engine will (used to) growl loudly.My relative who owns a 2012 Punto was surprised to see NVH levels so don in my car, his one reason to go for 2012 Punto was NVH levels on my 2010 Punto.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Sat-Chit-Ananda Mobil Delvac 1 is CI-4 rated but Mobil Delvac 1 ESP is CJ-4 which we don't get in India.