1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    I just did my oil change.Its 21600kms on odo. Im following 7k kms span for oil change so Went to galaxy motors for Selenia & i got a typical nice reply! "Sir, we have one big barrel filled of selenia. We don't have any types of cans!" Heard this & directly head towards Fortune thane, met the CRM guy got my selenia WR 5W40 4ltr. can for 2320Rs. Bought an oil filter for 399Rs. And got my oil change done from a local guy in just 150Rs! Where as TASC charges 1000Rs for it! Also used STP engine flush this time. Lets see now, after some 100kms she'll give proper results.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

At 21600 kms why did you use engine flush?
    It aggravates wear and tear process.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    I agree friend, but the problem is the condition in which im driving is not that great. My daily routine is filled with hell of a B2B traffic jam!

Due to this im changing oil at 7k span & did engine flush at 21600kms. Also flush is nothing but liquid full of detergents! & you wont believe but after flush oil was black like tar! I know in diesel engine, oil is blak only but to check that i dipped a white paper in that oil & slugh was like a black thick wet pest!

As you said it enhance wear & tear, it is true till one is driving on oil full of flush but ones you drained it, it won't impact on any componant.
  4. I don't know from where you are getting this information, but when I saw it metro(Kanakapura road,Bangalore) it had only API -SL and ACEA A3 , I did not see any other thing written any where.
    It was gold colored can and costing Rs 2600+ for 4 lts.
    -Sat
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Info. is available on castroledge.co.in

And got hold of the can I will try to upload pics.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Delvac 1 MRP for 5 L can is 4400 rs. i got it for Rs 3960. Dont look at anything else. buy Delvac1 with your eyes closed :D
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    What??? At 3960Rs??? Wohaa thats lil bit much isen't it? Cause few post before Vijay or Guruji posted that he is getting it for 750Rs for 1Ltr!
    Do'h let it be for next 6 months im sold for Selenia only! I'll try different oil after 2 yrs complition.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. Yes Mate, this is the same can I saw I guess, It did not have API -C* rating that's the reason i was skeptical and by the way Selnia WR is also is also rated ACEA -A3/B3 and API-CH, so this oil may not be better.
    Let me know your thoughts.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Gurjinder sir,

How about Valvoline Premium blue fully Synthetic it s rated API-CJ-4 and couldn't find ACEA rating.
    I called Valvoline distributor in Bangalore( +(91)-(80)-26703520, 41517565) they are quoting 3950 for 15 ltrs of Fully synthetic Oil , I couldn't believe my ears.
    Here is the details
    http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/premium_blue.pdf
    -Sat
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today I will change the oil and have to goto a long trip on friday night. After the trip I will update my experience with this oil.

I suspect that the oil used by tass people is not selenia. That is why I am changing the oil. I have no disrespect for selenia. No change in engine note after the oil change. After running 2000 kms. the colour of the oil is worst than the oil drained at 15k Kms. service. So, I want to change the oil immediately.

For next oil change I will try to source mobil delvac 1

Castrol edge India website castroledge.co.in states that edge 5W-40 meets ACEA C3 rating.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

oil referred in the link is only 15w-40.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012