1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I am planning to go for Oil with
    ACEA B3 or B4
    API CI-4 or CJ-4
    SAI grade 5W -40
    Please let me know the values you see for above numbers in the oils you come across, it doesn't matter whether it is Synthetic/Semi or Mineral
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is dangerous. this could mean that you have a sump leak . The silicone sealant might have taken a hit when you ran over something .
    DO NOT neglet this issue please. Before you know it the warning lights will pop up on the MID and after which you're not suppose to even start the engine.
    Get it checked ASAP.

PS:: I had the same issue and got the sump replaced.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You need Delvac 1 then, mate.

It is rated - CJ4, ACEA E7/E9. The E ratings of the ACEA is for severe use in diesel engines (Read severe use in truck engines)+use in EGR equipped cars ( Read - more ability to carry soot) . The ACEA B is the rating for use in light diesel engines, like cars.

Go for it. It should take any level of abuse you throw at it and provide great protection.

Cheers.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ whats the ongoing price for Mobil Delvac 1 nowdays?
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Dunno buddy. Must be 900-950+

Here's an interesting tidbit- A certain US transporter uses Delvac 1 in their trucks with oil change interval of 1,60,000km's. That is just absurdly high. But they are doing it.

Google - bypass oil filters. This can be one way to achieve that.

Cheers.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A small update, the earlier error that was being shown at the MID (read insufficient oil pressure) has been taken care of, explained as sensor error.

just changed the OIL to MOTUL 300V competition 15w50 yet again and the car seems to enjoy the particular oil as compared to castrol edge which was previously used till 35k kms, their is improvement in NVH and the cars much smoother higher up the rev range. Even thought it is not according to specs provided by FIAT, the car is working well as its already on its second dose of MOTUL
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Why this one, mate. iono (1).gif

Although the 300V is pretty much THE oil to use (more so in a petrol engine than diesel), but a lower value of viscosity when cold is the way to go. Like 5W40 or 0W40.

Cheers.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well I had a long conversation on the same with phil and finally he convinced me on the fact that he has not been selling peanuts all this while and said that if anything goes wrong he is liable for it. well that was some percentage of the reason why I went for it and also that I thought it was better than castrol(not that it was any bad).
    So lets see how this gamble turns out. 8000km covered already so far so good.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @Gurjinder, Italia-Linea Mobil Delvac 1 costs around 750/- if bought from distributor, it's cheaper than Mobil 1 0w-40 and better too for diesel cars.
    According to UOA reports found on Internet even after 30k kms this oil is good to be used and wear numbers(metal particles in used oil) are almost zero.
    Navdeep Cheema - 9876699054 is the distributor for Chandigarh got the no from a private workshop where I give my car for washing and other works.
    Some Maruti Workshops too use the Mobil Delvac 1 in SX4 DDiS
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am regularly checking the oil level by removing the dip stick it is fairly constant no dipping. Moreover, the oil sump bolts are loose to some extent as all bolts turned nearly a full round.

I am planning to change the engine oil, though it was only 2000 odd kms after oil change by TASS. I doubt the quality of oil used by them as the oil is brought in a castrol 5 lt. can, when question service person replied that it is brought from bulk can. But, the engine note has not changed a bit after the oil change. So, I have a suspicion in my mind right from time oil changed. Finally, decided to change the oil with Castrol EDGE 5W-40. Ordered, the can and bought all the tools like socket set, flat spanner set, ring spanner set, Hex allen keys, Torx allen keys. Will get the oil changed in a day or two and update after the oil change.

Anyways, will check the aspect as suggested by you.

P.S. Not taken hit after the service, and one more thing, even I found diesel traces on diesel filter after the second service.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012