1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil Change- Selenia or any other synthetic

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ysapre, Jun 30, 2010.

1. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    To the experts:

I was following this thread closely. My Punto 1.3 MJD has done 8600 Kms in 7 months of ownership. 1st service (routine check up) was duly carried out at 5k. IIRC Gurjinder Paaji in some other thread had said that changing oils after 15k kms was not a great idea, and it should be changed around 8-9k kms.

So, at this moment should I just flush my existing engine oil, put a fresh 3.2 L and then wait for the 2nd (15k km) service?

If yes, then do I put Selenia, Shell or Mobil1? (whatever oil I put shall be after flushing all existing oil, dont want to mix). Any inputs on the cost and availability of these oils in Delhi would be welcome. Thanks guys beforehand. :)
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update:
    Did an early morning check and the levels seem to be perfectly fine here are the pics

Before wiping the dip stick
    6acbe650-5fc3-2217.jpg

After wiping the dipstick clean
    6acbe650-5fea-b73c.jpg

Waheguru Waheguru
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Phew, it can be the oil pressure sensor acting up then. Since the levels are fine. Get it checked at the examiner.

The other reasons for such a warning can be -

- bad oil pump
    -worn out engine

But i don't think it's the case here. Your engine is too young.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    clogged oil filter or mesh on oil pickup tube clogged
    get the car towed to ASS and have them check what's wrong
    Oil level is little higher than max.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Any Fiat after sales around chandigarh,who will not have any issues adding Mobil Devlac1 during service?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    No both the ASS in Tricity are not happy with consumer supplied oil in warranty period.
  7. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    Any one with any insight on this? :(
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It is best if changed earlier , say 7500km's.

Seeing that you've done close to 9000km's and 15K/12 month service is nearby, so i reckon you carry on with your current oil and schedule the 12 month service a bit early. Say at the 11th month or so.

OR

If you're okay with the cost of putting in a new oil now , and then changing it again in the next 4-5 months, then go for it. And schedule the next service right at 15,000kms or 12 months (to prolong the use of this oil as much as possible). Always a good practice.

Cheers.
  9. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    Thanks a ton, Gurjinder Paaji. However I am now feeling bad as not to have changed the oil at 7500 Kms :( . Now that I shall await the 15k service, do you suggest I put Mobil1 during that time? Will FASS allow it?
  10. Last edited: Mar 14, 2012