1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil change interval

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by sdp1975, Oct 24, 2010.

1. -xplora-

-xplora-

hi..

I got my service done in sept 2010, and a oil change, not sure which one :(. I am going in for service today, the total running of the car after sept 2010 service is about 3-4k km at max, should I go for oil change, if so which one ? mine is a MJD 1.3 epk.

Many Thanks
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. Oil change interval is 1 year or 15 k km whichever is earlier.
    Selenia WR.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My Punto is nearing its second Service interval just short of 15k kms, request you guys to give details of what all needs to be changed and the kind of work carried out at this interval at ASS.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The best guide is the owner manual. :)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore

..... Which is supplied FOC alongwith the car. Still we insist on not reading it and searching the internet for information :D. Typical human mentality, I guess.

Rajan
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    According to manual the 16 point check list is as below :

15,000 kms or 12 months (which ever is earlier) Service includes:

1. Check tyre condition/adjust pressure
    2. Wheel alignment
    3. Tyre rotation
    4. Lighting system check
    5. Windscreen wash/wipe check
    6. front disc/break pad check and replace if reqd
    7. inspect exterior body, under body, rubber elements, for cracks, leakage.
    8. bonnet,door locks, boot locks lubrication
    9. inspect auxiliary drive belt, other belts replace if reqd
    10. inspect handbrake lever adjust
    11. Replace fuel filter
    12. Replace Air filter cartridge
    13. check/top up fluid levels (engine coolant, brake fluid, power steering oil, screen washer, battery)
    14. check operations of engine management systems (diagnostic socket check)
    15. Change Engine oil and oil filter
    16. replace pollen filter

do you guys really think ASS will follow this 16 point checklist and do the jobs accordingly or simply wash the car top up fluids and charge for everything .. My question is what will be the jobs carried out (actual jobs) at ASS and how much approx.. it will cost for the labour and parts. How do we know whether these steps are carried out or not..?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  7. If you dont trust the TASS the only option you have is to get the service done on your own(or from outside)..
    I got the 15k service done from prerana motors, and it costed me Rs 5915

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Surya,
    Be in service bay area when Engine oil , Fuel Filter are changed. I am doing it since my second service. By that way you can have peace of mind.
    I am sure that TASS will not do some fishy things.
    Second, third services cost you around 5500 Rs .

Regards,
    Shashank
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Surya, As per the information that i got from one of the service advisors and also from Jayakrishna of KHT they (FIAT service persons) have to follow the checklist as after the service it seems there will be an inspection before delivering the car to customer based on the checklist of jobs that need to be done.

As from my personal experience i was present there in person and i can say they do the job as per the list and professionally. I got my 2nd service done at KHT.

I agree with Shashank on the point of being there when the work is done to have peace of mind about the job that is being done.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes and No. The ASS out there is a mixed bag. Some are professional and honest, some are not. I have had very good experience with ASS that have been branded as cheats in on line forums and have had very unpleasant experiences with ASS termed very professional. I have even had my pack of cigarettes and lighter, which were sitting in the storage area in front of the gear shift stolen, in a so called professional ASS.

My take - have a good rapport with the ASS, be consistent and not try a new ASS every time and most importantly, stay with the car - no matter what. Though you may not be allowed in the service bay (you can request to be allowed, offer to sign a waiver in case of injuries and usually you will be allowed), the very awareness that you are physically present there and may notice something unprofessional is more than enough to ensure your car getting proper attention.

BTW - Why does point 16 still exist? Is it really necessary to replace the plastic mesh pollen filter? If taken out and cleaned properly, it will be as good as new.

Rajan
    2 people like this.