1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil change for my flying Tjet!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by tjet, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Good morning Fiatians.

It's been a long time since I logged to TFI forum. Held up with busy work and travel for a long time :-(

Well, my beast has completed 6000 KM run. Enjoyed splendid long drives. Got good highway mileage upton 20KMPL :)

I have a concern on changing engine oil. Suggest me whether it is good and necessary to change in first 6k run!

Few experts said Yes because In a new engine minute pieces of metal filings would be accumulated. What is your say on this?

Also, suggest me If there are any other brands of Fully Synthetic engine oil other than Selenia. I drove my friend's tjet last week (running on Selenia), I felt that there is a better refinement than mine.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Fly Tjet:)
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @tjet, I dont think a change of engine oil is required so early. Whatever people say about initial heavy wear and metal particles, ultimately the oil that goes to lubricate the engine parts are all filtered by the oil filter. The oil that passes through the filter is only what the filter is designed to do. All the so called particles will be caught by the filter. It is good to care for ones car, but over doing it will not show any additional performance or life, but will only entail wasting money. All manufacturers do their homework well and mostly it is only an average of the life of the components / service is recommended . So enjoy your beast and forget the rest.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  3. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for your advice. You are right!

Cheers

Fly Tjet :)