1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ENGINE NOT CRANKING WHEN HOT.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Alap Verma, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Alap Verma

Alap Verma Timido

Nashik
    Linea 1.4
    I HAVE 2010 FEB LINEA PETROL. EARLY MORNING THERE IS NO STARTUP ISSUES WITH MY CAR AND IT STARTS IN JUST ONE SELF. BUT PROBLEM STARTS ONCES I TRAVEL SOME DISTANCE I.E. ENGINE IS HEATED UP OR VEHICLE IS PARKED IN SUN.
    I WORK ON SHIPS AND AM OUT FOR 6~7 MONTHS PERIOD. DURING THIS PERIOD I DISCONNECT MY NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL. APPLY VASELINE AND WRAP IT UP IN PLASTIC.
    AFTER RETURNING I CLEAN VASELINE AND RECONNECT TERMINALS.
    LATELY I HAD DONE THIS ON 10TH JAN 2016 WHEN I RETURNED BACK. BATTERIES ARE OEM SUPPLY.
    BUT THIS TIME IN THESE TWO MONTHS I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM ALMOST PERSISTENTLY. YESTERDAY EVENING AFTER DRIVING 50KM, I CAN ONLY HEAR THE SCREECHING SOUND AND ENGINE SIMPLY REFUSED TO EVEN CRANK. I HAD TO GET IT PUSH START. BUT TODAY EARLY MORNING UNDER COLD CONDITION ENGINE CRANKED IN JUST ONE SELF AS ALWAYS. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE COULD.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    First get the battery Load Tested.. it is Common symptom when the battery is going out. Usually it should be the other way. but its different for Fiat.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No battery shouldn't be the case, the issue should be either Starter Motor, TD Sensor, Spark Plugs or the Coils.
    I too face issues with my Palio where in early morning starts are just a single crank affair but when the car is all heated up the crank is longer than what is was in the morning and single crank does not work.
    To counter that, you need to go to FASS, check for Spark plugs and Cables, Coils and yes to clear the doubt the gravity of the battery cells.
    Just a small advice, you should never ever ! bump start car, I know it might not sound right but then bump starting the car causes pre-mature catalytic converter failure and this would result in poor emission stats.