1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine mounting in Linea Petrol

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by mastdheeraj, Sep 7, 2013.

1. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    I have 2009 Linea petrol, in Feb 2013 during the 60K service the advisor at Him motors (at the time when Tata and Fiat were together) noticed that the engine mounting is broken, although I never noticed anything out of the ordinary, the cost was around Rs. 800 so I accepted to change the thing, car was kept in their workshop for almost 4 days as the mounting was not in the inventory. After the car was received there were new problems not related to engine but loose cover in underbody and loose plastic lining that is over the tyres, due to which the tyre and plastic was rubbing with each other and the plastic was almost worn out when I noticed. Anyways we all know about the Tata service experience so I will just leave it at that. Then in April, it seemed the mounting had collapsed again, that is what the Tuli Fiat (now Fiat and Tata had parted) was telling but they did not have the mounting at that time and sent the vehicle back (driving dead slow). Anyways the problem was not with the mounting but something else, under shield was lowered (lathe job) and some expensive bolts were installed (Rs. 512 each!). Till last month it worked fine but there were loud sounds when I was turing left and accelerating at the same time. The car was taken to Tuli Fiat again (now shifted to Wazirpur from Raja Garden), now it was again diagnosed the culprit is engine mounting. This time the mounting and support were replaced. I drive the same set of roads in Delhi and know all the pothole prone areas of road and avoid them, only with minimal instances when I may have jumped a pothle that too at slow speeds. Why is the mounting breaking again and again, is anyone facing the same issue? I have the bills of all the works mentioned above. I drive the carefully and try avoiding the potholes at all cost after the April incident but still the mounting is not working as it should, please advise any special care I should take.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    My Linea of April,2009 had the engine mount changed in December,2012. No problems after that.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Engine mount is same as Engine foundation bolts?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  4. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    I am attaching the photograph of new engine mounting installed.

5. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    Found a possible cause

Found the possible cause of regular breaking of engine mounts. The front suspension was dead.

Front shockers have been replaced but now I have a different kind of problem. The shockers installed in my Linea are of Punto and the part nos. do not match with the bill. I wrote a mail to FIAT India and Tulli Fiat. Got no response from Tulli FIAT but FIAT India replied the same is given below.

Please let me know if have been duped, I was charged Rs. 2461 per shocker, mine is a petrol model, when I check 99rpm it shows around Rs. 2000 for a petrol model and Rs. 2461 for a MJD model, moreover the Punto shockers cost only Rs. 1960 on the same site.

I am confused as FIAT has already replied that the shockers for both the models are same.

Also, do you believe that bad suspension was the reason for engine mounts breaking so often.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the communication,

Yes sir in the both models shockers are fitted same.

With warm regards
    Fiat Customer care

[HR][/HR] From: Dheeraj Bhardwaj [mastdheeraj@gmail.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:27 PM
    To: INDIA Service (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd. )
    Subject: FW: Improper billing for suspension work on my Linea (DL8CL 6374)

Please refer to the trailing mail that i wrote to Tuli Fiat, regarding the replacement of shockers in my Linea DL8CL6374.

The issue is not with the actual replacement but the amount charged and product installed.

I have been told by the service center that the shockers of linea & punto are same weather it is diesel or petrol model.

Request you to read the trailing mail and and please confirm if the service center is right or wrong. Even if the shockers are same there is contradiction in part numbers in the bill and the actual product installed. Photographs and the bill are attached.

I seriously feel cheated here.

Dheeraj Bhardwaj

[HR][/HR] From: Dheeraj Bhardwaj
    Sent: 19-01-2014 PM 03:36
    To: tuli_motor@hotmail.com; support@tulimotors.com
    Subject: Improper billing for suspension work on my Linea (DL8CL 6374)

This is regarding the suspension work that was done yesterday on my car, 2009 Linea, with registration no. DL8CL 6374.

Both the front shockers have been changed, no problem on that part. But today morning I got a better look on the shockers and was surprised to see that they are meant for Punto, pictures are attached. The problem is threefold here as explained below:

1. I was billed for part nos. 59116050 & 59116049 they both are definitely for Linea MJD whereas I have a petrol model. Now the part nos. 59116050 & 59116049 do not match with the new ones on my Linea as is clear with the attached pictures.

2. The cost for shockers of Punto and Linea are different. Shockers for Punto cost around Rs. 1290 whereas for Linea MJD costs Rs. 2461 (the amount I was billed for) and Linea petrol costs around Rs. 2039.

2. Upon asking the service adviser today I was informed that suspensions on Linea and Punto are interchangeable, no problem in that, but I should be charged for the suspensions of Punto if my car has suspension for Punto.

So, from the above, I should have been charged Rs. 2039 per shock absorber because that is how much a new one for petrol model costs, instead of Rs. 2461 but again the shockers that have been installed on my car are for Punto that cost only Rs. 1290.

This is a serious issue I was planning to write FIAT but thought it would be better to write to service station first.

Left shocker.jpg

Right shocker.jpg
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I would say that the best thing is to talk to the SA at Tuli regarding this. Basically talk to anyone whom you are comfortable with. Tell them to check the price of the part from FIAT online and mention that there seems to be some confusion wrt parts pricing.

99rpm sells the OEM spare parts at same price as FIAT.

In the meantime, I hope that there is positive response from FIAT India.
  7. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    I received the reply from FIAT India, they said that the shockers for both the models are same. :eek:

The problem is that there is no one inside Tuli who I can trust because earlier the servicing was done at Him motors, after the split with TATA, I chose Tuli as the service station as it was the nearest to my residence and Him motors does not service Fiat anymore.

Anyways, thanks for your help, will confront Tuli again this weekend.

Do you think suspension was responsible for engine mounts breakage, as you must have seen in the bill, engine mount was replaced again this time, this should be the fourth replacement. I am hoping it will not need any more replacement.
  8. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    Shockers replaced

Went to Tuli FIAT again and talked to the owner this Saturday. After having a look he confirmed the shockers are of Punto and replaced them with Linea's free of cost. But again the ones that are installed are of diesel variant as the ones for petrol were not available in their inventory, once they are available, the same will again be replaced.

I have heard that some batch of shockers from Cofap were troublesome, can somebody have a look at the photograph and tell me that these are not from the same batch. Ride quality as per me is fine as of now.

9. Jankit

Jankit Timido

Linea 1.4
    Thanks for this post. It helped me to identify issue and get it corrected with technician. I just got mounts replaced here in Ahmedabad at Bhaskara fiat. Super service and very much satisfied