1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Guard Broken Bolt

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Ganges, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    posting this thread about the removal of broken bolt of engine guard.The broken bolt was stuck inside the assembly hence was not possible to fit a new bolt.

Finally yesterday got rid of this broken bolt and was living with it for more than 6 months, as the roads due to rains have gone worst,everytime my unto crossing over the potholes the engine guard use to make huge noise.In the month of April 2013 ,TASS quoted me cost of 1000 INR,hence decided to live with it also confirmed from TASS that it was little tuff job and need to be attended by welder and this job will be done outside of TASS.

So decided to enquired at local garage and advised me to go for a welder shop.There i got rid of it.
    it was an amazing job.Below pic shows how the bolt was removed.Total damage to pocket 250INR.:-D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Good jugad, I think looks like the mech wielded the bolt with the tool to remove it.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

^^ Yes. Standard procedure to remove bolts whose "head" has been stripped by the use of improper tools/methods by gorilla mechanics.