1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Flushing

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Tarun, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Yes, it might damage the Turbo bearing's during flushing run, I would use an good quality mineral oil of CI grade to run for 20-30 minute's and drain to fill the Selnia.
    CI grade diesel oil will have necessary detergents to clean the carbon but yet act as lube too.
    Every time i take my car to TASS , I have got questions on how my engine is so refined!!
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

All grades of diesel engine oils have plenty of detergents mate. And we should avoid mixing oils since no oil is completely drained from an engine.

Just reduce the oil change interval to 7500km's and everything will be fine.

3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Dear Gurjinder,

my 1.3MJD is nearing 2nd service , its clocked 12800 , so do you recommend an oil change before 15000 , also is it possible to do 2nd servicing before 15000 , as the NVH has increased & vehicle needs servicing.

4. gurjinder

The TASS guys wouldn't agree to do the first service so early and getting the oil change done from outside would'nt make much sense either as you would get another oil change when the car goes for it's 15000 km servicing.

I reckon ask the TASS guys to do the service a bit early, say at 14,000km's.

Or if you want, you can do a oil+oil filter change from an outside garage now, drive it till 15,500km's and get the car serviced at TASS then. This way , a sort of mini-flush( by changing oil sooner) will also be done in your car. Yes, it'll be expensive to change oil so early.

5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

SINCE you have already crossed 12800 now better wait till 15000. changing oil now and again at 15000 is waste of money and valuable petroleum resources :)

from next time make sure you change at ever 7500 kms interval.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

@mescot, here i would like to ask you that, how old your punto is? i mean what span you have coverd till today? If your punto is nearabout to 12 months(i.e. 1year) then you shold get done your 2nd service. One more thing i'll ask is, when did you changed your engine oil & oil filter last time??
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i just got my punto 1.3 serviced @ 13k. i left the car at service bay and head back to home for lunch, after 2 hrs when i came back my car was at washing bay and my car was ready ..
    they F***in flushed and used addictive in my car x-( :A:A
    when i argued why the fuck you guys flushed my car @ 13k .. the service adviser politely said Sir it's TATA recommended, won't hurt ur engine, it will give better results and bla bla ..
    i said i'll Sue you bitches if sumthing went wrong... then again he humbly said sorry that he should have ask me first but claimed that nothing is gone go wrong ..
    everything seems fine right now ... cabin noise is drastically decreased atleast dropped down to half :eek:
    double checked the mileage .. i had the amazing 24.5 on highway ( though it was not tank full to tank full method ) was strictly under 80-90 KMph
    No problem in pickup, turbo or watever .. everything smooth ..
    BUt m still worried about my engine, which got flushed @ 13k only ..
    GUYS plz advice :confused:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  8. gurjinder

I dont think there's anything to worry.
    I hope they used Selenia.

Enjoy Diwali!
  9. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ gurjinder
    yeh paji they used Selenia, and i have the remaining 800ml engine oil with me as well ..
    but they used sum flushing oil and sum addictive.. that comes in sum yellow plastic packing named barbosa or bardosa 13A nd 13B, don't remember the name as it was exactly..
    it is cause the use of those flushing agent and addictive m concerned but as again my engine is better then ever No complaints at all ..
    just as if sum one could throw sum light on it or has similar experience to share
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tarun : kindly use "***" with liberty where required.

thank god they did not use "HARPIC" for flushing :lol

on a more serious note don worry as long as they have put selenia everything should sail smoothly
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011