1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Flushing

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Tarun, Jun 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes you can change the oil at an outside garage. Make sure they are familiar with the car and engine.

The guys who service our Palio 1.9D regularly service Puntos also.

Gurjinder.
  2. at least STP comes with 20 minute idling at 3K RPM to properly flush,I was told viscosity will be brought down due detergents present in flush,movement of the piston dislodges the carbon and soot.

I good old Wagon R went though flush at every oil change until i sold after 67k kms, the car is still running fine,I don't thing flushing would damage the engine by depositing the soot in oil sump.
    at least i have seen patrol cars do not have such high quantity of carbon buildup.
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    @Sat

20 mins is way too much for the thinned oil (oil+flush) to circulate in the engine. Even if recommended i'd ignore it.

The cases of the oil pick up being blocked arise in cars who are flushed after a lakh or so km's or the cars who are flushed for the first time after travelling 1 lakh + kms. The probability of it happening is very high.

Gurjinder.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Gurjinder is ryt...20mins is way too much..5-7mins shud be fine since the STP bottle says to rev it hard..20mins should be for old engines who have loadsa carbon deposits...

Guys one quick query..I have no problems with Selenia K(petrol) But one downside of this oil is, the engine bcums very noisy after 3000kms..have noticed it...Thinking of changing to something better..Mobil1 or Shell Helix ultra?? Anyone used these?? As it is the Goodyear GT3's are very noisy and on top the engine noise is bit on the higher side..i seriously needa change to sumthing more silent :)
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    For petrol engines, the best oils are the ones by Motul. By far. The others can only hope to catch up to the levels of excellence set by Motul.

Motul 300V Power 5W40 is the oil you should go for if you want the best for your baby.

I repeat, Motul 300V Power 5W40, not Motul 300V Factory Line, since this is meant for motorcycles with wet clutches.

Gurjinder.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

thnx :p Its very difficult to source Motul in mumbai..On the contrary its very costly..Is the 300V Power Fully synthetic or part synthetic??
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Just called the local Motul dealer from whom i'd purchased the Motul 5100 for my Bullet. He said 300V Power is not available in India ( ?:confused1 ) .

So we are left with Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40 Fully synth. This is Motul's next best offering after 300V.

Gurjinder.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

buddy have u poured the motul in ur linea by any chance?? any difference felt??
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Na buddy, ours is the Multijet and Motul don't really have a clearcut fully synth for diesels. That's one of their shortcomings.

But would've put in Motul blindy had the Linea been a petrol.

Gurjinder.
    P.S Ever since i switched to Motul for the Bullet, i've not looked back. Next oil change i'm treating the Bullet to the fully synth Motul 7100.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I went to Om sai in Bombay and he said that Fiat doesn't recommend engine flushing as additives used while flushing in not recommended.