1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Flushing

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Tarun, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    The Flushing could be made cost effective by re-utilising the flushed engine oil (500kms.) , later on after ur next oil change , as the oil contamination in 500 kms would be hardly noticeable.

Atul
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't go for flushing of such a hi mileage engine. Let it remain so. The reasons you've asessed correctly. Plus if the loose sludge post flushing gets deposited in the sump, then it can block the oil pick up and effects of that would be ruinous.

@mescotc

Oil once drained that way is good only to go into the dustbin. Else, the soot which it would've cleared would go back into the engine.

Gurjinder
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    my car has clocked 8000 Kms So should i change the Oil Now or @ 15000 KMS ??? :s
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Ive clocked @8500 , can I strain the oil ( through a fine cloth / or filter paper(s) ) ? the oil will be much cleaner & then opt for a oil change at 15k ?

Atul
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    dont try funny things. go for oil change. mumbai traffic and 8500kms is enough for semi synthetic oil :)
  6. change the oil..
    its the way to go..

guys for petrols how to flush the engine??
    like the way we normally do for bikes??
    drain all the oil, pour some petrol and start the engine for a few mins(2-3) and then drian the petrol and fill fresh oil??
    is this correct for cars even??
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no this will be disaster for car :)n lol.

With the oil in when you engine is hot pour the entire contents of flush in the oil.
    idle your car for 3-4 minutes.

drain the oil completely till the last drop.

pour in fresh oil.

you are done.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The above mentioned procedure is a recipe for disaster.

Do not try it on bikes or cars.

The flushing procedure is same for diesel and petrol engines. Add flushing solution, start engine, idle it for atleast 4-5 mins. I personally prefer varying the rpm's rather than idling, but not revving high.

Gurjinder.
  9. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For petrol engines one can consider using a diesel engine oil, idling the engine for a few minutes then draining and refilling the engine with the correct oil recommended by the manufacturer. This is because diesel engine oil has a high detergent level. This is a widely used and safe method for petrol engines.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
  10. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    Can we buy Selenia WR (+the oil filter) off the shelf or do we have to entrust this oil change to a TASS? I would prefer to change the oil every 7500km at most.