1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Coolant Options for 1.4 FIRE

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by SanketGajane, Aug 17, 2015.

1. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Most of us might be using Paraflu UP ready to use as coolant. Are there any other options apart from this one brand?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2015 ---
    Have seen some post on net (Europe) saying Paraflu Up to be Blue in colour or Red in colour. The one which I saw in my car is light brown in colour.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2015 ---
    A thread in alfaowners mentions Paraflu in various variants red/blue/green
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Use only company branded quality coolant.. (Castrol/abro...) Stay away from local branded ones.. I had a radiator leak due to sludge buildup after just 6 months of local red coolant ..
    If we flush the coolant system, I am off the opnion, that we can go any maruti ddis or tata recommended brands ..
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Why change to other brand when there is no improvement in product quality or substantial difference in pricing.
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I would prefer to stick to the company recommended but wanted to get more info on available options if the recommended ones are not available!

Also, there are different colours of ParaFlu available.
    What is the colour of Paraflu UP? Red or brown?
    The Paraflu11 concentrate seems to be blue in colour.

The one in my car right now is light brown.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Paraflu UP and UP ready are both reddish in color don't know about Paraflu11.
    Your coolant might have turned brown with age or someone might have added different color coolant in tank.
    If there is any emergency and Paraflu is not available just pour distilled water in tank. Different type of coolant should not be mixed they can form blockage in system if they are not compatible, each color coolant have different additives. If coolant type have to be switched flush the system 2-3 times with distilled water.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @vIjAy_kHaSa had changed the coolant not fro ASS. It's new and colour is same as DOT4 oil and not contaminated brown colour.
    Don't know which brand it is though :(
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If you don't notice any particles in coolant tank leave it as it is but please change it at half the interval as you don't know if coolant used was OAT long life coolant or not.
  8. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Well it's embarrassing for me to say, the coolant reservoir had dust all over it and since I was looking at coolant when car was parked in basement, I could not make out the exact colour :shame: but the coolant colour in my car is Red, so it should be Paraflu UP.
    Just cleaned the reservoir from outside and saw it in broad daylight, with light passing through the tank, can easily make out the red colour of OAT coolant.